Mother and two children die in car crash on holiday to Devon
A mother and her two children have died in a car accident in north Devon, police said.
The family are believed to have been on a summer holiday to the West Country when the accident between their car and a lorry happened.
It was witnessed by the woman’s husband, step-father to the two children, who was travelling just ahead of them in a separate vehicle.
Emergency services were called at 8.25am on Monday to the A361 in Barnstaple.
The section of road near Aller Cross and Lankey Junction will be closed for the rest of the day.
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said: ‘A road closure... read more
- 06:59 Woman eating candy floss for competition is the best thing you’ll...
- 06:57 Real Madrid will not sign Liverpool ace Mohamed Salah this summer...
- 06:57 Police and Crime Commissioner wants stricter laws to protect...
- 06:56 1,000 empty Preston homes to be brought back into use
- 06:56 Police and Crime Commissioner wants stricter laws to protect...
- 06:56 Plea to drivers over school crossing fears
- 06:56 Preston boss Alex Neil confident Sean Maguire will get even better
- 06:56 Barcelona news: Antoine Griezmann makes SHOCK transfer confession
- 06:56 Man Utd transfer news: Blaise Matuidi move depends on one major...
- 06:53 Sixth explosion in Austin, Texas, is not linked to serial bomber,...
- 06:52 Marcos Alonso reveals Chelsea team-mate Alvaro Morata's outrage at...
- 06:50 Girl, 11, gives birth after being ‘repeatedly raped by six men...
- 06:48 Railway launches club for youngsters
- 06:48 Amble restaurant is shortlisted for award
- 06:48 Good Food Guide promotes town’s eating premises
- 06:48 Helen Skelton 'could hardly move' after Sport Relief boxing training
- 06:47 South Shields dance classes for older people is reducing falls
- 06:47 Hebburn sea cadet chosen for Royal role
- 06:47 Anti-social behaviour scheme kicks off in South Tyneside
- 06:47 Heartbroken family’s memorial bench tribute to tragedy man
- 06:47 Jarrow couple with youngster diagnosed with cystic fibrosis are...
- 06:47 MP to continue campaign for drug to be available on NHS
- 06:47 Harlow's Princess Alexandra Hospital out of special measures
- 06:45 British architecture projects under threat from Brexit – survey
- 06:44 Kettering couple celebrate 60th wedding anniversary
- 06:44 REVEALED: The latest average house prices in Corby, East Northants,...
- 06:42 Kineton Greenhills grocery burgled
- 06:41 Alive with artisans: Cairo’s al-Darb al-Ahmar district – a photo essay
- 06:40 Manchester United plotting £50m summer swoop for Arsenal star...
- 06:40 Teenagers have raw sewage poured on them for being alone together...