Mother, 26, warns parents should NEVER kiss their baby after her newborn contracted deadly meningitis from an innocent peck
A mother is warning parents never kiss their babies after her newborn contracted deadly meningitis from an innocent peck.
Krystal Hayes', 26, and her partner John Gresham's, 30, nine-day-old son Gunner was rushed to A&E after he developed a high temperature and could not bear to be touched.
Their 'world came crashing down' when they were told the baby, who has since made a full recovery, had viral meningitis.
Doctors later informed Ms Hayes, from Worksop in Nottinghamshire, the infection could have been transferred by an innocent kiss.
Ms Hayes, a hospital porter, said: 'My heartfelt... read more
- 14:24 A1 closed in Northumberland following serious collision
- 14:23 Firefighters put out church basement blaze
- 14:23 Police 'concerned' for missing Mansfield pensioner who has dementia
- 14:22 Story session for grown-ups
- 14:19 Pep Guardiola will 'completely' change Manchester City's team for...
- 14:19 Real Madrid 'plotting to snatch £90m Atletico Madrid star Antoine...
- 14:18 Concerns over missing 76-year-old man with dementia
- 14:17 Robert Mugabe removed as leader of Zimbabwe’s ruling party
- 14:17 Police appeal for witnesses after motorcyclist is seriously injured...
- 14:15 Year 3 primary school teacher spared jail after being snared by...
- 14:14 Why Chris Coleman chose Sunderland and what happens next: The...
- 14:14 Mark Hughes backs Ryan Giggs for Wales job
- 14:14 Praise for ‘fantastic’ Horncastle medics
- 14:12 Police appeal for witnesses after motorcyclist is seriously injured...
- 14:12 X Factor's Sam Black says he only has £1 in the bank after being...
- 14:12 Wales flyer Liam Williams faces battle to be fit for All Blacks...
- 14:12 Wilfried Bony urges Swansea to stick together after barren run of...
- 14:11 Delving into the past of town’s fine building
- 14:11 A1 closed in Northumberland following serious collision
- 14:10 ANOTHER car smashes through bollards - residents plead for hi-vis
- 14:09 Derby County's Chris Baird talks about his battle with Fulham...
- 14:07 Drama kids to dance at Disneyland Paris
- 14:07 South Yorkshire beauty queen takes THIRD place in Miss World final
- 14:06 A1 closed in Northumberland following serious collision
- 14:06 New WhatsApp feature will FINALLY save you from group chat blunders
- 14:05 Three in five diabetes patients struggle with mental health issues
- 14:05 Police appeal for witnesses after motorcyclist is seriously injured...
- 14:04 WWE Survivor Series: How to make money betting on the event
- 13:59 I'm really happy for Romelu Lukaku says Jose Mourinho
- 13:59 Peter Kay announces FIVE more Sheffield dates due to 'phenomenal...