MOTD presenter Jacqui Oatley calls in police over Twitter troll threats
Match of the Day presenter Jacqui Oatley has told how she was forced to call in police after receiving violent threats from an online troll.
The Black Country commentator was threatened by a vile Twitter user who told her he would ‘cut’ her and other ‘unmentionable’ things.
The presenter, from Wolverhampton, alerted police about the abusive message and it was later traced to a school-boy referee.
“I decided that, instead of ignoring it, I’d write to his school and speak to someone in the refereeing department at the FA,” Oatley told the Guardian.
Read More Jacqui is a dame of two halves
“I... read more
- 09:21 Arkansas executes fourth inmate in eight days
- 09:21 LIVE: Man takes to Scunthorpe roof top
- 09:21 Child rapist returned to UK after spending nearly four years on the...
- 09:21 Truly ridiculous hands-free toilet seat promises to fix all...
- 09:21 Insider reveals why Alexis Sanchez snubbed Liverpool switch: Reds...
- 09:21 Exhibit: Saint’s alive as Whitby Museum tells story of abbess
- 09:20 Hearts eye defender and Real Madrid star Alvaro Morata looks set to...
- 09:20 Uddingston rally co-driver Stuart Loudon relishes new challenge
- 09:20 Hamilton Backhold wrestlers help Scotland win European Championship...
- 09:20 Cyclists warned off copying Danny MacAskill after Skye rescue
- 09:20 St Cuthbert Wanderers management team planning shake-up ahead of...
- 09:20 Place name of the week: Caithness - Gallaibh
- 09:20 Dynamic Gymnastics kids help Scotland win the Celtic Cup
- 09:20 Mamadou Sakho Injury: Liverpool and Palace get major update on...
- 09:20 Dalbeattie wheelchair tennis player Keith Thom achieves highest...
- 09:20 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals the latest on his future decision
- 09:20 Dalbeattie Star finish Lowland League fixtures with terrific 2-1...
- 09:20 Dumfries' David Bogie takes record-breaking eighth win on McDonald...
- 09:20 Hamilton boss Martin Canning aims to break unwanted home record...
- 09:20 Here’s how to get tickets for the Paramore UK tour
- 09:20 Pound to Euro exchange rate: Sterling holds STRONG after European...
- 09:20 Albion Rovers boss Darren Young to leave the club at the end of the...
- 09:20 Brave head stamp victim speaks out in bid to warn others
- 09:18 Box office open for Burghley Horse Trials
- 09:18 Man saved young boy from Rutland Water
- 09:18 West Bridgford police warn of 'suspicious male' in the area
- 09:16 Georgia Hudson: So, how was Trump’s first 100 days?
- 09:16 VIDEO: Wray Scarecrow Festival’s success
- 09:16 Lancashire County Council elections 2017: Ribble Valley
- 09:16 Six days to go until Lancashire County Council election