Most people have older 'heart age' than actual age, study reveals
The vast majority of people have an older "heart age" than their actual age, a new study suggests.
An online test which calculates a person's risk of having a heart attack or stroke reveals that almost four in five people over the age of 30 have a heart which is deemed to be older than their chronological age.
This means they are at a higher risk of potentially fatal heart attack or stroke.
The new study, published in the journal BMJ Open, examined data from 575,000 people who used the online tool on the NHS Choices website.
Two-fifths of women under 40 had a heart older than they... read more
- 16:46 Drink-driver to lose his job after he crashed into traffic lights
- 16:46 Kilburn graphic designer wins prestigious international industry award
- 16:45 Austin: Walsall will be ‘playing a dangerous game’ if they target a...
- 16:44 Heartbreaking moment paramedic receives call-out to help her own...
- 16:44 New Mansfield home for life saving dresses
- 16:43 Armed home-invaders pistol whip mother and threaten her children as...
- 16:43 Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson pregnant with first child
- 16:43 £5,000 charity quiz in Crowland
- 16:41 High Tides - April 27 to May 4
- 16:41 Dog undergoes amazing transformation after being found with...
- 16:41 Comedian Susan Calman to be honoured by Glasgow University
- 16:41 Scottish history lovers wanted for perfect summer job
- 16:41 Sheffield mother and daughter jailed over vicious screwdriver...
- 16:40 NFL Draft 2018: Everything you need to know
- 16:40 London's flagship Tory boroughs may be out of Labour's reach, poll...
- 16:40 Liverpool stars Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino laugh and joke as...
- 16:40 Facebook chief's select committee session: five things we heard
- 16:40 Dark chocolate improves your eye sight: Bars with more than 72%...
- 16:40 Mohamed Salah to Real Madrid: Guillem Balague gives latest...
- 16:40 Sinclair Spectrum designer Rick Dickinson dies in US
- 16:40 Scientists discover 44 depression genes - and EVERYONE has some of...
- 16:40 Lifetime achievement honour for Royal British Legion’s...
- 16:40 Mediterranean diets boost ‘good’ bacteria in the gut: Eating lots...
- 16:40 Pub car park killer showed ‘no mercy’ during fatal attack on his...
- 16:40 Next step for Burnley insurance broker
- 16:40 Ruth Davidson announces she is expecting first child
- 16:39 Farmers urged to upgrade security after burglaries in Warwickshire
- 16:39 Outdoor sex couple chased naked by police in Salisbury
- 16:38 Road near Aspatria closed after gas leak
- 16:37 Nine Lincolnshire police officers were assaulted within three days