Mortuary workers at Leicestershire hospital forgot to put BRAIN back in body after post-mortem
Lost organs and damage to body parts are among incidents reported by mortuary staff at Leicestershire Hospitals.
A Freedom of Information request has revealed that between 2014 and 2016, 11 serious incidents occurred at mortuaries - the majority of which are believed to have taken place at Leicester Royal Infirmary (LRI).
Five of the incidents resulted in the deceased’s body being damaged, in one case because an incorrect hoist was used.
In another case a specimen was lost following a post-mortem examination, while a mislaid toxicology sample could have led to an unascertained cause of... read more
- 07:21 How many litres of water should I drink in a day?
- 07:18 I'm nervous about buying a house – should I go ahead?
- 07:18 Europcar claims I scratched my hire car, but where’s the evidence?
- 07:17 MP stresses the crucial nature of a good rail service for Berwick
- 07:15 Four arrested in Hartlepool following car chase
- 07:14 Carradice leads fight back as Birstall overcome Hopton Mills to...
- 07:14 Twist at top of Premier table as Hanging Heaton suffer first defeat...
- 07:12 Two Barnsley women due in court today accused of murder
- 07:11 Befriending service for the lonely in Northampton plea for urgent...
- 07:10 Dowson delighted to be part of Boyd's Saints setup
- 07:10 Arsenal star Henrikh Mkhitaryan reveals what he hopes Unai Emery...
- 07:10 Thomas reassures Cobblers fans that off-field issues will not...
- 07:10 Poolies have the power to drive Hartlepool United back where they...
- 07:09 Emergency ‘shock’ measures lined up for Scots economy
- 07:06 Man runs 67-mile heart-shaped marathon around Manchester to pay...
- 07:04 Health column: Athletes must look after their brains
- 07:04 IN PICTURES: Buckingham comes together for the royal wedding
- 07:02 Trains disrupted because of car on railway line in Rotherham
- 07:02 Guest Column: Does social media improve modern life?
- 07:02 Arsenal news: Mikel Arteta eyeing 'new Premier League job' after...
- 07:01 Football team of Northampton man killed in hit-and-run to hold...
- 07:01 Delays and lane closures on M62
- 07:01 Fears of staffing crisis as GPs ‘can only accept urgent patients’
- 06:59 Leader comment: The Scotsman finds Donald Trump’s perfect golf partner
- 06:58 Dad and daughter team up for 400km charity cycle challenge
- 06:58 South Shields teen to receive Duke of Edinburgh Award
- 06:58 Special celebration for heroic war veteran as he turns 100
- 06:58 Driver calls for end to pothole misery after having to replace...
- 06:57 Tetford volunteers show how to clean up
- 06:57 Education Column: Sheffield headteachers have got some tough...