Mortuary workers at Leicestershire hospital forgot to put BRAIN back in body after post-mortem
Lost organs and damage to body parts are among incidents reported by mortuary staff at Leicestershire Hospitals.
A Freedom of Information request has revealed that between 2014 and 2016, 11 serious incidents occurred at mortuaries - the majority of which are believed to have taken place at Leicester Royal Infirmary (LRI).
Five of the incidents resulted in the deceased’s body being damaged, in one case because an incorrect hoist was used.
In another case a specimen was lost following a post-mortem examination, while a mislaid toxicology sample could have led to an unascertained cause of... read more
- 07:57 Barry Bennell to be sentenced for historical sexual assault against...
- 07:57 Bitcoin price LIVE: BTC holds at $10k as total crypto market cap...
- 07:55 David De Gea ‘really happy’ at Manchester United in blow to Real...
- 07:55 West Notts College students to ‘take over’ four-star hotel
- 07:54 There are still £2,000,000,000 worth of £10 notes in circulation...
- 07:54 Four new Beatrix Potter 50p coins launched by the Royal Mint
- 07:54 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho makes big transfer decision...
- 07:54 Barry Bennell to be sentenced for historical sexual assault against...
- 07:54 Leader comment: Students right to demand money back over university...
- 07:52 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho told to make huge Romelu Lukaku decision
- 07:50 Brian Monteith: Jeremy Corbyn has some explaining to do over Czech...
- 07:50 Travis Scott opens up about Stormi for first time since welcoming...
- 07:45 New chapter for Leamington comic book shop
- 07:45 Barry Bennell to be sentenced for historical sexual assault against...
- 07:44 Barclays hosts event for corporate and wealth clients
- 07:44 Cannabis plea for six-year-old boy suffering rare form of epilepsy...
- 07:44 Avalanche in French Alps kills father and daughter
- 07:40 Knife held at man's throat during street robbery in Sheffield
- 07:40 Ice and snow to return after sunshine and double digits across UK
- 07:40 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:36 Northumberland sightings in National Whale and Dolphin Watch
- 07:35 Winter Olympics doping SHOCK: Russian curler Alexander...
- 07:35 West Notts College students to ‘take over’ four-star hotel
- 07:35 Delays on M6 in Cumbria due to overturned van
- 07:33 Stolen car crashed into postbox in Sheffield
- 07:33 Chaos of bus deregulation
- 07:33 Work together to ensure our success
- 07:33 Safe containing passport and cash stolen from house in Sheffield
- 07:33 The lowest form of wit
- 07:33 No national interest in extracting shale gas