Morrisons is reviving its Safeway foods brand
The Safeway name, which disappeared in 2005 after the supermarket chain’s £2.9 billion acquisition by Morrisons the previous year, will appear on hundreds of food and grocery products being developed by Morrisons for wholesale to independent retailers.
The range will be available from early next year.
The UK’s fourth biggest grocer will also open Morrisons Daily convenience stores over the next few weeks in 10 petrol stations in a pilot deal with forecourt operator Rontec and wholesaler Palmer & Harvey, selling branded and Morrisons own label products.
It is already trialling a... read more
- 13:08 Tamworth hackers facing jail over £42m TalkTalk cyber-attack
- 13:08 Closed Sainsbury's Local in Long Eaton to reopen as convenience store
- 13:08 Liverpool drop huge official hint over summer striker transfer
- 13:07 Here's what The Simpsons make of Donald Trump's first 100 days in...
- 13:07 Tories 'set to take 7 seats from SNP' in General Election: Latest poll
- 13:06 Single lady finds romance after TV debut on Take Me Out – with...
- 13:06 Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge linked with possible move to...
- 13:06 Cannabis farm discovered in Bootle is being investigated by police
- 13:05 Susan’s tasty Easter treats help hospital
- 13:05 Town remembers Batley and Spen MP Jo Cox as centre renamed in her...
- 13:05 EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Rider’s eye view of Tour de Yorkshire as it heads...
- 13:05 Man jailed for injuring woman with baseball bat after text row
- 13:04 Teenager speaks of 'living nightmare' after being shot in the head...
- 13:04 COLUMN: Sincere thanks to marathon runners
- 13:04 Caring duo ran to raise charity cash
- 13:03 Training begins for rugby union women’s team
- 13:03 King and Queen will star in village gala
- 13:02 Watch Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko weigh-in LIVE
- 13:02 If bristling Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha wants easier questions...
- 13:01 Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko weigh in LIVE updates:...
- 13:01 Training begins for rugby union women’s team
- 13:01 Illegal fly-tipping halved in Warsop
- 13:01 These are the parts of Birmingham where house prices have risen most
- 13:01 Rat catcher conman Crimea Price loses appeal over ripping off...
- 13:01 Steve Bruce issues a warning to Aston Villa ahead of the Blackburn...
- 13:01 Kenichi Phillips murder: Gunman found GUILTY of killing Birmingham...
- 13:00 10 ways to get fit and healthy for summer
- 12:59 Karim Benzema to Arsenal: Real Madrid decide to sell striker,...
- 12:59 Man hunt for carjackers who attacked pick-up truck driver in Hornsea
- 12:59 Responses still needed for GP services survey