Morocco's Islamist PJD party leading parliamentary election over rivals - initial results
Morocco's Islamist PJD party were ahead in Friday's parliamentary election over rival PAM party with 90 percent of votes counted, Interior Minister Mohamed Hassad said announcing the initial results.
The ruling PJD or Justice and Development Party won 99 seats and PAM party had 80 seats while conservative Istiqlal party took 31 seats, according to the results.
Under Morocco's political system no party can win an outright majority in the vote for the 395-seat parliament and the winner must form a coalition government. The minister said counting for another 90 seats set aside for women and... read more
- 08:47 WEATHER ALERT: Met Office issues yellow warning for snow in...
- 08:47 Real-life Notebook couple die side-by-side after 80 year romance
- 08:46 New plan for volunteers to fine speeders
- 08:46 Man Utd News: Huge Real Madrid update, big Bale claim, Merson on...
- 08:45 RBS posts its first profit in 10 years
- 08:45 Mrs Brown's Boys star lands new primetime BBC1 show with a difference
- 08:45 William Hill pushed into loss by Australia writedown
- 08:44 Wigan rape victim's race fears after attack
- 08:44 IKEA recalls popular sweets over fears of rodent infestation
- 08:44 Rooms added to golf club hotel plans
- 08:44 Log burner may have caused blaze which badly damaged holiday homes...
- 08:44 'Burnt out' van on M1
- 08:43 Coronation Street news: Josh Tucker star makes Phelan confession -...
- 08:42 Lions present life-saving device to local family
- 08:41 Man Utd ‘willing to match £200m’ PSG paid for Neymar: Superstar...
- 08:41 'Burnt out' van on M1
- 08:39 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang watches Arsenal reach Europa League...
- 08:39 WEATHER ALERT: Met Office issues yellow warning for snow
- 08:38 Pound LIVE: Sterling fights back as taxpayer owned RBS FINALLY...
- 08:38 Man held over London stabbing murders as police link attacks
- 08:36 Joe Root admits he did not deliver during England’s Ashes defeat –...
- 08:35 Disruption expected as shipyard transport heavy load through Barrow
- 08:35 Ben Turner on how relegation from the Championship could alter the...
- 08:35 You could be fined £1,000 for any rude hand gesture while driving
- 08:34 Spread your options: 10 of the best Nutella alternatives
- 08:34 Stranded sheep rescued from canal
- 08:33 WEATHER ALERT: Met Office issues yellow warning for snow
- 08:33 IKEA recalls popular sweets over fears of rodent infestation
- 08:33 FTSE LIVE: RBS reports first profit in 10 years as the index slips...
- 08:33 Divorcees retiring this year expect to be £3,800 a year worse off...