Morecambe woman breaks silence on mental health after cancer battle
A woman who battled cancer twice has opened up about the effect the illness has had on her mental health.
Elle Roberts, from Morecambe, suffered a double blow when her cancer returned during her remission for leukaemia.
The 36-year-old was originally told she had a three per cent chance the cancer would return.
“It was a shock to be told less than a year later it had come back,” said Elle.
“I think because I put all my energy into it the first time around, this time I just couldn’t do it mentally.”
After finding a donor in Norway, Elle successful had stem cell transplant in May last year... read more
- 18:12 Spectacular show from Horncastle-based dance school
- 18:12 Jessie J’s cultural revolution: how a Middle-Grade Pop Monster...
- 18:10 'Disgraceful' South Yorkshire man jailed for string of historic sex...
- 18:09 All Together Cumbria launched to tackle skills shortages
- 18:08 Adams' resolve, Roberts' confidence, blunting the Blades - every...
- 18:08 Fans spot who is missing from Liverpool new kit launch - and are...
- 18:08 The Burton restaurants and takeaways rated zero or one star for...
- 18:08 'Disgraceful' South Yorkshire man jailed for string of historic sex...
- 18:07 Where do we go from here?
- 18:06 People are using dead hummingbirds smothered in honey as ‘love charms’
- 18:06 Doctors use condom to remove plastic swallowed by toddler
- 18:06 All Together Cumbria launched to tackle skills shortages
- 18:06 Man punched several times after he's found in ex-girlfriend's flat
- 18:04 Why Leicester cinema is telling viewers not to bring food to film...
- 18:04 Man, 21, caught with bag of cash and drugs in Melton sentenced
- 18:03 PICTURE GALLERY: Ten of the best pub gardens in and around Banbury
- 18:01 Runners brave the chill for the ‘world’s coldest marathon’
- 18:01 Tribe of ‘fish people’ evolved huge spleens so they can dive to the...
- 18:01 Everton boss Sam Allardyce wishes former player Joey Barton luck...
- 18:01 Man Utd hero claims he was ‘depressed’ when playing for England
- 18:01 Watch as real life Grand Theft Auto goes terribly wrong for one thug
- 18:00 Amir Khan taking inspiration from boxing superstar Anthony Joshua...
- 17:59 Delays after crash on A19
- 17:57 House of Fraser's troubles deepen as advisers called in over...
- 17:57 Pictured: Former inmate wanted for recall to prison after breaching...
- 17:55 Ruth Davidson named in Time list of 100 most influential people
- 17:54 Grenfell firefighters vow to run marathon in full gear despite...
- 17:52 No charges over Prince drug death
- 17:52 Video of Iran 'morality police' wrestling with woman sparks outrage
- 17:52 Stephen Lawrence: timeline of key events