More than a thousand poverty-stricken Hartlepool children could miss out on free school meals under Universal Credit proposals
More than a thousand children living in poverty in Hartlepool will miss out on free school meals under universal credit proposals.
A study from The Children’s Society estimates that 2,900 schoolchildren in the town live in poverty and that 1,100 of these would end up missing out on free meals under the changes.
The fact that over a quarter of children in Hartlepool are living in poverty is nothing short of a scandal and a damning indictment of the Government’s low wage, low economy austerity driven agenda Mike Hill MP Families in receipt of universal credit have been automatically entitled... read more
- 09:54 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:53 Extra hours, violence, stress and working while unwell
- 09:53 Major £167k grant for cancer charity
- 09:52 Woman targeted by robber in Doncaster street
- 09:52 Crews battle fire at veterinary surgery in Layton
- 09:52 Editor's letter: How your Harrogate Advertiser website is changing
- 09:52 PLASTIC CAMPAIGN: Lancaster and Morecambe businesses ditch the plastic
- 09:51 Thousands of grandparents are missing out on this Government money
- 09:50 Retail sales grow faster than expected in February
- 09:50 Why Adama Traore could come back to haunt Aston Villa
- 09:50 Reading next manager odds: Overwhelming favourite emerges to...
- 09:50 Plans lodged for new Rokeby school building
- 09:49 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:49 58 all out: England humiliated on first day of Test in New Zealand
- 09:49 Curiosity rover: 2,000 days on Mars
- 09:49 Instagram ‘influencers’ can flog stuff all day – but it’s weird...
- 09:48 Engineering new metal business
- 09:48 Trevor Bayliss lays into England flops after New Zealand skittle...
- 09:47 Wigan's Week In Court
- 09:47 Ooh la la! A hoppy twinning project for Wigan
- 09:47 Evacuee in Wigan learned to love lobscowse
- 09:46 Welfare cheat illegally claimed over £4k after failing to declare a...
- 09:46 Company scoops top award for third time
- 09:46 West Brom players were in tears after Bournemouth loss, admits...
- 09:46 Seaham Hall shortlisted for national tourism accolade
- 09:45 Two lads seen in Barrow 'are still missing' say police
- 09:45 £2.5m plans revealed to transform entrance to Whitehaven
- 09:45 Thousands of public sector workers go on strike across France
- 09:45 Post-Brexit passports ‘to be made in France’
- 09:44 Potholes: Is this the worst road in Harborough?