More than 700 Liverpool families to be hit by £44 a week cut in benefits
More than 700 Liverpool families face being made homeless by the Government’s new benefit cap council chiefs have warned.
A total of 130 families are already subject to the £26,000 benefit cap – but they will be joined by 710 more households starting from November 7 when the lower £20,000 limit comes into force.
Cllr Jane Corbett, Liverpool city council cabinet member for social inclusion, said: “Thousands of our most vulnerable residents are already facing a tsunami of cuts and regressive changes to the benefits system.
“We’ve already seen the introduction of the bedroom tax, the freezing... read more
- 12:35 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Tuesday, April 24, in...
- 12:35 JK Rowling won’t write anymore Harry Potter stories set in the future
- 12:35 Katie Bulmer-Cooke: You only get one body – take care of it
- 12:35 RAF centenary celebrations to be held in Durham
- 12:33 France's outsiders are making late bids to go to the World Cup
- 12:33 Manchester City pitch invasion to celebrate title being...
- 12:34 TorNaCoille Country House Hotel, Banchory
- 12:33 Hoffenheim hit the heights to make Nagelsmann more desirable than ever
- 12:33 Vivian Cheruiyot wins women’s London Marathon after Mary Keitany fades
- 12:33 Masterchef contestant, 29, dies after collapsing during London...
- 12:33 Top homes for sale in Wakefield for under £100,000
- 12:33 Distinctive Volkswagen Scirocco was stolen during burglary in Elland
- 12:32 Fundraising with man’s best friend
- 12:32 Inside Kensington Palace: William and Kate to raise third royal...
- 12:32 The best steak restaurants in London and the UK
- 12:32 DERBYSHIRE: Site chosen for new £15 million care home
- 12:32 Four miles of queues on M1 after HGV breaks down
- 12:31 It’s important to feel able to reject your partner sexually – even...
- 12:31 Rafa Benitez a ‘great fit’ to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal,...
- 12:31 Measles outbreak in the south - these are the symptoms to look out for
- 12:31 Leicestershire businesses honoured with Queen’s Awards for...
- 12:31 Police appeal for witnesses after biker seriously injured in crash...
- 12:31 Distinctive Volkswagen Scirocco was stolen during burglary in Elland
- 12:31 Residents' fury over Wigan path drug syringes haul
- 12:28 Four miles of queues on M1 after HGV breaks down
- 12:28 We’re not quite sure how this drunk woman got stuck like this
- 12:28 My friend and I are buying a house – but I'm paying the whole deposit
- 12:26 Macron faces internal dissent as MPs pass tough immigration bill
- 12:26 BTS’ DNA becomes most viewed K-pop group music video of all time
- 12:26 Britain’s Most Wanted list: sexual crimes