More than £50,000 in fines handed out by North Lincolnshire Council for unauthorised school absences
More than £50,000 in fines has been handed to parents in North Lincolnshire for unauthorised school absences.
The figures, obtained through a Freedom of Information request by Simpson Miller law firm, show that North Lincolnshire Council handed out a total of £52,380 in Education Penalty Notices during the 2015/16 school year.
A total of 873 fines were issued, compared with 485 in North East Lincolnshire and 149 by Lincolnshire County Council.
No notices were withdrawn by North Lincolnshire Council and the council does not have an appeals process for the fines.
If a school notifies the... read more
- 09:10 Away form is blighting Birmingham City - five things we learned...
- 09:08 No slide tackles and no shouting from sidelines - 12 new youth...
- 09:07 Italy referendums: Lombardy and Veneto vote on greater autonomy
- 09:06 Robin Hood’s Bay dance school backs Whitby charity WHISH nets £200
- 09:05 Crimewatch: The Coventry crimes that have featured over the last 33...
- 09:05 Tottenham vs Liverpool: No Firmino, Mane, Dier or Dembele in our...
- 09:05 Volvo Ocean Race: What is it? When is it? How do you win?
- 09:05 Arsenal news LIVE updates: Wenger on retiring, double injury boost,...
- 09:05 Ronald Koeman fears he will be SACKED today if Everton lose to Arsenal
- 09:04 Doncaster Citizen's advice bureau concerns over Universal Credit
- 09:04 REGIONAL NEWS: Woman arrested after baby falls to death from...
- 09:04 Picnic area issues reported to police
- 09:02 Ripley hit-and-run latest - police quiz revellers over Audi A4
- 09:01 Tutbury granddad celebrates his 80th birthday - by getting a tattoo
- 09:00 Storm Brian in Liverpool - when will the bad weather stop?
- 09:00 CCTV proves crooked shopkeeper was lying about armed bandits...
- 09:00 Cops concerned for welfare of missing man last spotted in Aberdeen
- 08:59 Labour will team up with Tory rebels to demand Brexit changes
- 08:57 Zombie apocalypse at North Shields college
- 08:57 Tottenham vs Liverpool preview, TV channel, kick-off time, date,...
- 08:57 Young rugby stars land new sponsors
- 08:57 Artist appeals for help on press gangs
- 08:57 Top award for North East ambulance staff
- 08:56 Inspector Morse's legacy: John Thaw's daughter makes Endeavour...
- 08:55 Dream job going – interest in Scottish islands essential
- 08:55 Planning list for council to determine
- 08:55 Wellington Road in Burton gets so flooded when it rains walkers end...
- 08:55 Council and police hand out cat bells to help reduce thefts
- 08:54 If you’re trying to lose or maintain weight, try having mushrooms...
- 08:51 WHO ‘rethinks’ appointment of Mugabe as goodwill ambassador after...