More than £50,000 in fines handed out by North Lincolnshire Council for unauthorised school absences
More than £50,000 in fines has been handed to parents in North Lincolnshire for unauthorised school absences.
The figures, obtained through a Freedom of Information request by Simpson Miller law firm, show that North Lincolnshire Council handed out a total of £52,380 in Education Penalty Notices during the 2015/16 school year.
A total of 873 fines were issued, compared with 485 in North East Lincolnshire and 149 by Lincolnshire County Council.
No notices were withdrawn by North Lincolnshire Council and the council does not have an appeals process for the fines.
If a school notifies the... read more
- 13:28 Germany urges all sides in Qatar crisis to talk, avoid escalation
- 13:28 Finsbury Park attack: Suspect Darren Osborne in court
- 13:28 New role for retiring Chief Constable Finnigan
- 13:27 Lions team to face New Zealand: Ian McGeechan backs three CRUCIAL...
- 13:27 Antonio Conte's contract: Chelsea boss delays signing new deal...
- 13:26 YP Letters: After years of division on Europe, a Tory split is...
- 13:26 What is giant hogweed and what should I look out for?
- 13:25 Chile hoping Alexis Sanchez's transfer uncertainty will help make...
- 13:25 Bristol City will listen to offers for Aden Flint as Fulham,...
- 13:25 Mo Farah to stand by Alberto Salazar despite doping controversy...
- 13:24 EastEnders spoilers: Reunion for Sonia Fowler and Tina Carter?
- 13:24 Man flies from Newcastle to London via Spain because it’s cheaper...
- 13:24 A gritty scene on the River Tyne in 1983 - see how the same...
- 13:22 Pakistan rejects U.S. sanctions against Kashmir militant
- 13:22 Man City refuse to enter bidding war for £40m Barcelona target...
- 13:21 Music fans warned time is running out to snap up priority tickets...
- 13:21 Sainsbury’s recalls sandwich fillers in food bug scare
- 13:21 Scores of jobs on offer at Experian - one of Nottingham's biggest...
- 13:21 Nintendo SNES Classic Mini announced - here's all you need to know
- 13:21 East Lindsey GP practices propose merger and launch consultation
- 13:21 Arts Council England backs Birmingham with £88m of new funding
- 13:21 Blue Oyster Cult at Rock City in Nottingham will be supported by...
- 13:21 Birmingham City midfielder completes move away from Blues
- 13:21 Top 10 things to see at Lichfield Festival 2017
- 13:21 YP Letters: Council out of touch with transport realities
- 13:21 YP Letters: Single market no barrier to global trade
- 13:21 Aston Martin RapidE to spearhead zero-emissions push
- 13:20 Yoga trapeze gets off to a flying start in Sheffield
- 13:19 Can you legally drive barefoot or in flip flops? This is the law
- 13:19 The cashpoint celebrates 50th birthday - here are 50 facts you need...