More than £50,000 in fines handed out by North Lincolnshire Council for unaurhorised school absences
More than £50,000 in fines has been handed to parents in North Lincolnshire for unauthorised school absences.
The figures, obtained through a Freedom of Information request by Simpson Miller law firm, show that North Lincolnshire Council handed out a total of £52,380 in Education Penalty Notices during the 2015/16 school year.
A total of 873 fines were issued, compared with 485 in North East Lincolnshire and 149 by Lincolnshire County Council.
No notices were withdrawn by North Lincolnshire Council and the council does not have an appeals process for the fines.
If a school notifies the... read more
- 18:47 Blue and white Arsenal kit disgusts fans against Cologne – 'What...
- 18:45 No joy for Thoresby’s festival refund
- 18:45 Video: Man lost his home and pension after falling for a £200,000...
- 18:45 Video: Apprentice contestant Elizabeth chases a goose to safety
- 18:46 UPDATED 6.30pm: A590 reopens but train problems persist
- 18:45 Mansfield and district crime report
- 18:46 Cumbrian criminal cases reviewed after potential data manipulation
- 18:45 Woman cut free after Kirkby car smash
- 18:45 The essential do’s and don’ts of Black Friday
- 18:45 Brighton can win at Old Trafford, claims Chris Hughton ahead of...
- 18:45 Man who strangled a woman to death in Sutton is sentenced
- 18:45 £295 court bill for £15 of cannabis in Mansfield
- 18:45 Notts child sexual abuse reports increase
- 18:45 Jail for banned driver who walked out of Mansfield court and drove off
- 18:45 Royal badge manufacturer secures £1.2 million of help to expand
- 18:45 The best Black Friday deals 2017
- 18:43 We've had the Ale Trail - this was the coffee trail
- 18:42 'She's more than just a sex toy': Man, 58, reveals he sleeps with a...
- 18:42 Europe’s oldest chimpanzee Blossom dies at the ripe old age of 62...
- 18:42 How cooking fish and chips can change the weather: Frying food...
- 18:42 Seven submissions to St Helens Council’s planning department
- 18:42 Figures show worrying increase in disabled youngsters seeking help...
- 18:42 Is it safe to go to Morocco? Travel advice and update for...
- 18:41 Why you NEED some 'me time': Study shows solitude is good for...
- 18:41 Stress IS hereditary: Children of mothers who endured stress during...
- 18:41 Star Wars 8: Snoke's full power REVEALED plus THIS proves he is NOT...
- 18:41 Kevin is Eyemouth’s biggest loser
- 18:40 Tributes to man who made friends easily
- 18:39 Dionne Clark murder trial: Alleged victim's mother gives evidence
- 18:39 Hats off to 1,400 graduates from the University of Derby