More people than ever are running off without paying - especially from petrol stations
The number of people running off without paying for stuff increased by 75% in Kirklees last year.
An analysis of open crime data by The Examiner has revealed an alarming rise in ‘making off without payment’ crimes across the country.
The number of making off without payment offences recorded by police in Kirklees reached 781 in 2015-16, more than two every day.
It’s mainly thefts of fuel from petrol stations but could also include people leaving restaurants without paying or feeling from taxis.
This figure is 75% higher than the 446 recorded in 2014-15 and is 77% higher than the average... read more
- 13:15 STORM DORIS: Readers' pictures show damage in Derbyshire
- 13:14 Germany legend Lothar Matthaus reveals the quality Robert...
- 13:14 Manchester United to face Russian side Rostov in the Europa League
- 13:14 China names southwestern city's former mayor to top legislative...
- 13:13 Corbyn won’t consider his position after historic defeat
- 13:12 27 things that seriously p*ss off anyone who works in a shop
- 13:12 West Brom selection dilemma: The team Tony Pulis could play against...
- 13:12 Couple fined after refusing to remove racist graffiti from their home
- 13:12 Leicester went from top-of-the-world to down-on-their-luck under...
- 13:12 Households paying the price for broken energy sector as electricity...
- 13:12 “Holy cr*p, people are stupid:” Walking Dead actor blasts minister...
- 13:12 Interactive map of the UK reveals the worst motorists by region...
- 13:12 Young dad-to-be who died suddenly will be buried with unborn baby...
- 13:10 Jewellery Quarter office block sold for £9.3m
- 13:10 John Lewis places 770 jobs under threat
- 13:09 Wigston Elvis impersonator stole mother in law's funeral...
- 13:09 Former Home Secretary Lord Waddington dies at age of 87
- 13:09 Where to taste craft beer in Leicester this weekend
- 13:09 Storm Doris: Dramatic dashcam footage captures moment large tree...
- 13:08 Watford v West Ham TV channel, kick-off time, odds and recent meetings
- 13:07 Eleven players sign new deals at Saints
- 13:07 Saints make just one change for Worcester Warriors clash
- 13:07 University is on top of the world
- 13:07 13 of the most dramatic photos from Storm Doris in Nottingham
- 13:07 Chaos as ambulances forced to divert away from Chorley A&E at night
- 13:07 Prosecco pancakes? Yes, they are a thing and here's how to make them
- 13:07 Appeal after theft of medication from car in Lancaster
- 13:07 Manchester United handed nightmare draw against Rostov in Europa...
- 13:07 Yoga in kilts is a cheeky success
- 13:06 Garden village plans spark interest from housing groups