More mental health support urgently needed to tackle 'bully culture' emerging on social media
SCOTTISH Conservative leader Ruth Davidson has said greater access to mental health support is urgently needed to counter a rise in online "bully culture".
Ms Davidson has called for "vigorous" government action to tackle the pressures social media can bring to bear, particular on young people.
Delivering the Williamson Lecture at Stirling University, Ms Davidson argued that government must move faster to catch up with the mental health "crisis" caused by the explosion of social media.
She urged ministers to ensure equal consideration for mental and physical... read more
- 07:11 Poll: Who’d you pick as Arsenal manager if they could bring their...
- 07:11 Make your vote count today in the Copeland by-election
- 07:09 Old library to become town arts centre
- 07:09 Entrepreneur shows you how to grow your own veg, without any soil!
- 07:08 Arrogance beggars belief
- 07:08 I liken Terry Palmer to Winston Smith
- 07:07 Man suffers bleed on the brain in attack
- 07:05 South Yorkshire dementia charity is all fired up and ready to go
- 07:04 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 07:04 Breast isn’t always best, so stop shaming formula mums
- 07:03 Philippines' minister says Duterte agrees with ban on mining in...
- 07:03 Le Pen increases first round lead in French election - poll
- 07:02 ‘District council failed over pool cleanliness’
- 07:01 Manchester United News: Wayne Rooney update, Midfielder transfer...
- 07:01 Kasper Schmeichel plays down heroics to keep Leicester's Champions...
- 07:01 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...
- 07:00 Dialog Semiconductor sees good sales growth in 2017
- 06:59 Who's in charge of Hands Off HRI - and is the money safe? Here's...
- 06:58 BREAKING: Helen Bailey murder - Ian Stewart guilty of killing...
- 06:58 Man wanted over Blackpool attacks
- 06:58 Fylde Tories doubt over county plans
- 06:58 Fast and furious waterpark slides get the thumbs up
- 06:58 Homes plan wins council approval
- 06:58 Donald Trump revokes Obama policy that affected transgender students
- 06:58 Mum’s Corrie delight after acting break
- 06:58 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 06:58 Museum Trust enjoys success with open day
- 06:58 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 06:57 Man 'gutted' in knife attack after refusing to give cash to beggars
- 06:57 One horse hit by vehicle after ponies run loose on A19