More mental health support urgently needed to tackle 'bully culture' emerging on social media
SCOTTISH Conservative leader Ruth Davidson has said greater access to mental health support is urgently needed to counter a rise in online "bully culture".
Ms Davidson has called for "vigorous" government action to tackle the pressures social media can bring to bear, particular on young people.
Delivering the Williamson Lecture at Stirling University, Ms Davidson argued that government must move faster to catch up with the mental health "crisis" caused by the explosion of social media.
She urged ministers to ensure equal consideration for mental and physical... read more
- 14:02 Gordon Anglesea: Former police chief guilty of child sex abuse
- 14:01 Carer who fought ISIS has restrictions lifted by police
- 14:01 Stock futures dip as investors assess earnings
- 14:01 Antonio Conte confirms major Chelsea boost: Key man fit to face...
- 14:01 Kevin de Bruyne questions Pep Guardiola's tactics after Barcelona loss
- 14:00 Rugby stars make up guard of honour for Anthony Foley funeral
- 13:59 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte basically confirms John Terry is ready...
- 13:58 Referee Howard Webb reveals former Coventry City striker Craig...
- 13:58 £52K upgrade to Featherstone gas distribution network
- 13:58 Half of British drivers set to hit the road for half-term
- 13:58 Shortlist announced for North East tourism awards
- 13:58 Muslim woman beaten up and threatened with death by family over...
- 13:57 Now KitKat prices may rise due to a weakening pound – cheers Brexit
- 13:56 Port Vale sign former Newcastle United, Hull City and Wigan player...
- 13:56 Firm slammed 'for wrongly stopping tax credit payments'
- 13:55 Christopher Magee said he would do a 'Philpotts' on woman he tried...
- 13:55 Dele Alli like a wild horse, says Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino
- 13:55 A590 and M6 roadworks for the coming week
- 13:53 Prior Park pupils look into the future
- 13:53 Rusty railings are revived along Spittal Promenade
- 13:52 WATCH: I'd swap my first Wrexham AFC goal if it meant FA Cup win...
- 13:52 Scottish Junior Cup preview: Who will still be involved after...
- 13:52 Celebrity singer Kevin Simm to perform on BBC Strictly's It Takes Two
- 13:52 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte speaks out on Jose Mourinho: He's the enemy
- 13:52 Hundreds of rare snow leopards are being killed every year in...
- 13:52 Brian May's Preston concert postponed
- 13:52 Zebra sharks born using artificial insemination could soon arrive...
- 13:51 Humphreys of Chester acquired by SDL Group
- 13:50 Aston Villa: Update on Steve Bruce's search for an assistant manager
- 13:49 That stunning ‘meteor’ above Wales was actually fake