More cancer patients following Angelina Jolie's demanding double mastectomy
Women with the early stages of breast cancer are following Angelina Jolie's example and demanding double mastectomies.
The number choosing the operation to remove both breasts has doubled in 10 years ago despite evidence other less aggressive treatment are just as effective.
Hollywood star Angelina went public in 2013 about her double mastectomy after finding out she carried the BRCA1 mutation.
She had the operation because she lost her mother, grandmother and aunt to the disease and feared she was at risk too.
New research by the University of California, San Diego set out to explore why... read more
- 09:56 Jealous husband stabbed wife to death because she talked to...
- 09:56 City News: Halfords' happy Christmas, furniture-makers fined and a...
- 09:56 U.S. consortium reveals failed bid for Nottingham Forest
- 09:56 Hospitals issue safety alerts
- 09:56 Manchester United could do with a miracle but it's Man City who...
- 09:56 Uber to pay $20 million to settle U.S. claims it misled drivers
- 09:55 Devastated family of missing dad-of-four pay heartbreaking tribute...
- 09:53 Plans for Radiotherapy unit at Doncaster hospital put on hold
- 09:53 Enthusiasts putting on their dancing shoes for Roy Castle
- 09:53 BREAKING: ISIS destroys ancient monuments in Palmyra after jihadis...
- 09:52 Todmorden’s Yorkshire Bank branch to be axed
- 09:52 David De Gea offers Manchester United star Paul Pogba advice after...
- 09:52 World-class striker discusses transfer to Liverpool
- 09:51 Man defends digger driver dad implicated in disappearance of Ben...
- 09:51 Robbie Fowler reveals the real story behind his Liverpool exit
- 09:51 Ranked and reviewed: Manchester United’s No.7s - is Memphis Depay...
- 09:50 Zoo demolition revealed new elephant house
- 09:49 Premier League boss hands Chelsea transfer blow: I hope this deal...
- 09:49 Plans for Radiotherapy unit at Doncaster hospital put on hold
- 09:49 Police arrest five and recover Class A drugs after stopping man in...
- 09:49 Edenred shares fall as major investor Colony exits via stake sale
- 09:49 Police ‘very concerned’ for missing Leeds teenager
- 09:48 Appeal after car in collision with woman walking dogs in South Cumbria
- 09:48 Three killed and twenty injured after man deliberately drives at...
- 09:48 British workman dies in Qatar during construction of 2022 World Cup...
- 09:48 Plenty to see and hear on Wakefield’s Artwalk on January 25
- 09:47 Royal seal of approval for South Yorkshire midwife
- 09:47 Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match ahead of...
- 09:47 Asian stocks, dollar drop as Trump caution outweighs China GDP
- 09:47 Spain arrests Russian bank-account hacker wanted by FBI