More cancer patients following Angelina Jolie's demanding double mastectomy
Women with the early stages of breast cancer are following Angelina Jolie's example and demanding double mastectomies.
The number choosing the operation to remove both breasts has doubled in 10 years ago despite evidence other less aggressive treatment are just as effective.
Hollywood star Angelina went public in 2013 about her double mastectomy after finding out she carried the BRCA1 mutation.
She had the operation because she lost her mother, grandmother and aunt to the disease and feared she was at risk too.
New research by the University of California, San Diego set out to explore why... read more
- 14:05 Burnley and Pendle estate agents granted council accreditation
- 14:05 Emilia Clarke's bizarre impact on baby names
- 14:04 Missing Workington man has been found
- 14:04 Met Office forecast Lincolnshire to be hotter and sunnier than...
- 14:03 BMW cars found to contain more than a dozen flaws
- 14:03 Terror suspect encouraged lone wolf attackers to 'target Prince...
- 14:02 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 14:02 Prime Minister's Questions: The key bits and the verdict
- 14:02 College announces its new principal
- 14:01 Pontefract and Castleford junior football supplement out this week
- 13:59 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 13:58 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...
- 13:58 R Kelly responds to #MuteRKelly campaign: 'It's too late'
- 13:58 Send us your questions for Arundhati Roy…
- 13:57 US employee suffers brain injury in China after 'abnormal sounds'
- 13:57 Dom Bess handed England debut for first Pakistan Test at Lord’s
- 13:57 Ian Wright has already changed his mind over new Arsenal manager...
- 13:57 Works to improve access and facilities
- 13:56 Met Office forecast Lincolnshire to be hotter and sunnier than...
- 13:56 Paraguay tribe joins search for missing Austrian tourist
- 13:54 Can I keep a dog in a flat?
- 13:51 Sunshine on Leith to be released on limited edition green vinyl
- 13:50 West Ham news: Club bigwigs should have snapped up an English boss...
- 13:50 Motionhouse dance company is now rehearsing at Vitsoe’s new...
- 13:49 Dementia-friendly pub The Tap Room opens doors at Worksop care home
- 13:49 Will Meghan Markle be queen... or US president?
- 13:49 Meghan Markle’s first public appearance as the Duchess of Sussex -...
- 13:49 Royal wedding gift bag sells on eBay for staggering £21,000
- 13:48 Devolution could solve region’s transport problems, Fastest 50...
- 13:48 Lions, tigers and bears: 11 of the best wildlife experiences in...