More Britons going on holiday despite terror attacks and Brexit vote
More people are going on holiday than at any time in the past five years despite terror attacks and the impact of Brexit, according to a study.
Some 86% of UK adults took an overnight trip at home or abroad in the 12 months to August, research by travel organisation Abta found.
This is up from 77% in 2015 and represents the highest figure since 2011, when 90% booked at least one break.
The average number of holidays taken per person per year also rose over the past year, from 3.2 to 3.4.
Abta's director of brand and business development, Victoria Bacon, described the sixth annual Holiday... read more
- 13:54 Caprice displays her killer curves and impressive cleavage in...
- 13:54 January Jones flashes sideboob in peachy jumpsuit as she leads...
- 13:54 'You trying to get robbed too?' Khloe Kardashian is SLAMMED by fans...
- 13:54 'I'm sure it is legitimate!': Benedict Cumberbatch quips Judge...
- 13:54 Real Housewives of Cheshire beauty Misse Beqiri stuns in silk slip...
- 13:54 'I'm sorry if I have upset anyone': TOWIE's Amber Dowding...
- 13:54 Coronation Street's Kym Marsh cradles her fake baby bump while...
- 13:53 Which Lincolnshire train company is worst for complaints?
- 13:52 Scottish NHS failing to keep up with rising demand, says watchdog
- 13:52 Pope Francis accepts church leaders' invitation to visit South Sudan
- 13:52 Nissan investment shows Brexit can work - but what did we offer in...
- 13:51 Gnashing of teeth
- 13:51 What do the latest GDP data say about the post-Brexit economy?
- 13:51 Liverpool star Loris Karius takes swipe at Man Utd and City over...
- 13:51 Night-time alerts 'target impulse buys'
- 13:51 Feed your foodie in holiday heaven
- 13:51 Invasion of alien ladybirds riddled with STDs that could kill off...
- 13:51 Hamburg gang rape teenagers' suspended sentences spark anger
- 13:49 Scottish pensioner, 92, who’s taking on Donald Trump
- 13:47 English petition to kick Scotland out of UK hijacked by Scots
- 13:47 Two in court on alleged burglary and wounding rap
- 13:46 Bid to stop thieves targeting paving flags
- 13:46 Stags players present pupils with awards
- 13:46 Schoolgirl carer, 11, is 'amazing', says mum
- 13:46 Who's in I'm a Celebrity 2016? Line-up rumours include Sam...
- 13:45 Boss believes Toyota will not pull plug on Derbyshire factory...
- 13:45 New £130k science lab to open next month
- 13:45 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 13:45 Labour to investigate claims of anti-Semitism and entryism within...
- 13:44 North East Poppy Appeal is launched with a call to rethink remembrance