More babies face health risks due to obese parents, experts warn
A growing number of babies worldwide are at risk of brain damage or having a stroke, heart attack or asthma in adulthood because their mother was obese, health experts have warned.
Leading doctors said dangerously overweight mothers were passing on obesity to their children as the result of “a vicious cycle” in which excess weight can seriously affect the health of parents and their offspring.
Four studies published in the Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology make clear that the risks of maternal obesity include stillbirth, dangerously high blood pressure in pregnant women, diabetes in the... read more
- 14:40 Crossbow seized, man held in raid on house
- 14:40 Live review: Dr John Cooper Clarke & Hugh Cornwell at The Forum in...
- 14:40 Project is set up to tackle FGM
- 14:40 Yuletide ukes among festive entertainers
- 14:40 Teen convicted for 'paedophile manual'
- 14:40 Car group set for summer opening
- 14:40 Prelude to great things for Simone
- 14:40 Last Post sounded for ex-PoW George, 102
- 14:40 Bank closure shocks locals
- 14:39 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: Police search for tragic Chief Inspector was...
- 14:39 Fundraising campaign launched to pay for special Christmas party...
- 14:38 You can now customise your own cigarette packets, which is nice
- 14:38 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: Police search for tragic Chief Inspector was...
- 14:37 Doctors given social media guidance on dealing with amorous patients
- 14:37 Sixth-form gaps 'hinder poorer children's chances of going...
- 14:37 WEATHER WARNING: Blanket of thick fog set to cause travel chaos...
- 14:37 Leak inquiry into leaking of letter warning civil servants not to leak
- 14:37 West Ham's next manager: You won't believe the bookies' favourite...
- 14:37 Critics are trying to undermine Brexit negotiators, No.10 warns
- 14:36 DOW TICKS ABOVE 19,225.29 LEVEL TO HIT RECORD HIGH
- 14:36 Shock as body of pony is dumped on farmland
- 14:36 WEATHER WARNING: Blanket of thick fog set to cause travel chaos...
- 14:36 Community-minded couple to launch Christmas event
- 14:36 Hit and run driver who left man with serious injuries is still at...
- 14:35 After Alexis Sanchez's hat-trick for Arsenal... here are 10 of the...
- 14:33 Seamus Coleman speaks out following clash with Man Utd star Zlatan...
- 14:33 Birmingham man, 101, on trial for child sex abuse
- 14:32 Pep Guardiola admits Alexis Sanchez could fit into any team in the...
- 14:30 Police seek man in connection with sex assault at Center Parks
- 14:29 Lufthansa pilots to decide on new pay offer next week