More American women want to have babies today than they did 10 years ago, federal data reveals
More US women want to have children today than they did 10 years ago, according to new federal data.
A new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found fifty per cent of women aged between 15 and 44 years old expect to have a child.
That is a marked increase from 2002, when 46 per cent said they would eventually start a family.
Experts say this could largely to be linked to the state of the economy, with families feeling more confident that they could support one or two children.
It could also be a nod to rapidly advanced fertility treatment techniques, allowing... read more
- 17:39 Chelsea hero Graeme Le Saux predicts Southampton to cause FA Cup...
- 17:39 Viagra can now be bought prescription-free for as little as £5 a...
- 17:38 Hazel Blears pledges support for Cumbria at BECBC AGM
- 17:38 Harrogate family's 'Herculean' effort for five-year-old born with...
- 17:38 Blooming marvellous plant fair set for Holker Hall
- 17:38 Yet more roadworks planned for the centre of Carlisle
- 17:37 Harrogate family's 'Herculean' effort for five-year-old born with...
- 17:37 Liverpool to be without four first-team players when they travel to...
- 17:34 Labour leader in blast over council policy
- 17:34 Town man on accused of drugs charge
- 17:33 Gunman shot at ex-girlfriend’s car during school run - Leeds Crown...
- 17:33 Stratford Literary Festival inspires with author school visits
- 17:30 Alfie Evan’s parents lose latest round of legal battle to keep...
- 17:29 £66.5 million police drug bust: eighth man jailed
- 17:29 Hazel Blears pledges support for Cumbria at BECBC AGM
- 17:28 Grantham Hospital: Consultants voice concerns to bosses over future...
- 17:28 Theresa May's advisor Nick Timothy deletes his Twitter account...
- 17:26 Post office experience at Nene Valley
- 17:24 Dom and Denise filming by Chester's Eastgate Clock for BBC 1 series
- 17:23 What are the likely line-ups? Who are the key men? Preston v...
- 17:23 Morecambe announce season ticket price freeze
- 17:20 Carlos Carvalhal describes Pep Guardiola as a 'god of football' but...
- 17:20 Ruby Walsh fails in bid to be fit for the Punchestown Festival...
- 17:19 Fundraiser at Stanhope Hall for parent and toddler group
- 17:18 How wearing sunglasses behind the wheel could see you fined £2,500
- 17:17 Tory candidate banned for links with EDL and white supremacists
- 17:17 Conservative former councillor urges people to vote Labour
- 17:17 Joe Corré on his £5m punk ashes – and Malcolm McLaren's death mask
- 17:16 Anthony Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn insists they want Deontay...
- 17:16 Hammond: Brexit transition deal has averted City job losses