Money launderers caught with £80,000 hidden under children's feet in the back of their car
Two men stashed £80,000 of criminal cash under children’s feet while they sat in a car.
Riyaz Atcha, 38, of Bolton, and Zaheer Ahmed, 32, of Rotherham, were caught red-handed when Ahmed passed Atcha a bag containing £11,700 on a Bolton street.
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) officers spotted them in action. In the back of the vehicle, two children were sitting with their feet on bags containing more than £80,000 of the criminal cash.
The men were caught meeting on Peace Street, and after their arrest they refused to reveal the source of the money, but admitted handling the cash.
Atcha, a taxi... read more
- 09:50 Liverpool legend Dietmar Hamann claims current side isn’t good...
- 09:48 Great places in Derby city centre to stop for coffee or cake while...
- 09:46 Chelsea star Willian: I am delighted Antonio Conte said this about me
- 09:45 West Bridgford residents worried after spate of burglaries
- 09:44 Site manager scoops accolade
- 09:43 Man rescued from bungalow fire in Kirby Muxloe
- 09:43 Catholic church in Manila issues prayer against expanded death penalty
- 09:43 Analysis - After Aleppo, Syria's Assad still far from regaining his...
- 09:43 Five killed in explosion near cathedral in Cairo
- 09:39 An Inspector Calls: Everything is pristine at Hurley House Hotel in...
- 09:39 Go shopping in New York... but pop into Iceland first thanks to...
- 09:39 The peak of luxury: A flying hot-tub, built-in sushi bars and bling...
- 09:37 Children antlers for fundraising reindeer runs
- 09:37 Church-run scheme in Barrow offers to help families struggling with...
- 09:36 Delving into family history
- 09:36 Coldstream art gallery moving to new premises
- 09:29 Max Holloway calls out Jose Aldo after claiming interim UFC...
- 09:29 Manchester United in talks with Premier League rival over January...
- 09:28 AA Gill: Final article describes cancer fight
- 09:27 Nottingham Forest LIVE: Derby County vs Reds live at the iPro Stadium
- 09:27 Crash closes main Nottinghamshire road
- 09:26 Welsh Government property deals net nearly £7m profit since 2007
- 09:25 Beliebers dance with Justin
- 09:24 Man charged following sexual assaults in Burnley
- 09:23 Uber driver clocks up longest ride in history and it only cost £233.88
- 09:21 Ofgem under fire over deal struck with Co-op Energy
- 09:20 BREAKING: Bomb explodes in Egypt by Cairo's Coptic Cathedral, at...
- 09:19 £450k M55 warning sign project completed
- 09:19 The mystique of Mustique: Yes it's gorgeous and glamourous but you...
- 09:19 A flaming Fab New Year: The best events to welcome in 2017 revealed