Monarch licence must be renewed this week or airline CAN'T sell holidays, says watchdog
The carrier's government-backed Atol licence expires on Friday and if it is not renewed it will be unable to sell package holidays, according to the UK's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
The scheme fully compensates travellers and means they're not stranded if their holiday company collapses.
It comes after the firm was forced to deny "negative speculation" over the weekend that it is in financial trouble.
The Atol scheme is dependent on when a trip is booked rather than when it takes place, so holidaymakers currently abroad or due to travel after Friday would still be protected... read more
- 03:53 Paramount gets $1bn Chinese funding
- 03:50 Man United staff fear star player had ‘too much too soon’: Jose...
- 03:50 China asks foreign diplomats for closer cooperation in anti-graft war
- 03:49 Eugenie Bouchard bows out of the Australian Open after three-set...
- 03:43 Gambia crisis: Jammeh given last chance to resign as troops close in
- 03:43 Trump inauguration protests: TEAR GAS deployed as THOUSANDS march...
- 03:43 BREAKING: 'At least 12' injured after 'out-of-control' car smashes...
- 03:37 'Thank you' - Ian Paisley's words to Martin McGuinness
- 03:35 Former Chelsea winger: I wasn’t happy at Stamford Bridge but I...
- 03:34 Car ploughs into pedestrians in Melbourne, police say
- 03:30 Army mutiny exposes cracks in Ivory Coast success story
- 03:24 Several people injured after car hits pedestrians in Australian...
- 03:17 Nikkei stays in a narrow range, on track for weekly losses
- 02:52 The perils of reporting on China's GDP
- 02:46 The Yorkshire GP who says we can think ourselves slim
- 02:44 UFC News: Coach on McGregor vs Mayeather, Woodley talks Diaz bout,...
- 02:37 China economy grows 6.7% in 2016
- 02:35 Baby boy delivered by mother in car near Aberdeen
- 02:23 'I'm a transgender woman - ask me your invasive questions'
- 02:18 Andy Murray vs Sam Querrey LIVE: Follow the action as the world No...
- 02:15 Corbyn to attack SNP budget plans in Glasgow speech
- 02:13 Leeds council pledges new crackdown on rogue private landlords as...
- 02:10 Who could Sir Andy Murray face in the Australian Open final after...
- 02:05 North Korea PREPARES MISSILES as US says it’s ‘READY’ for Trump...
- 02:03 Larsen ice crack continues to open up
- 02:03 Nottingham mulls 2023 European Capital of Culture bid
- 02:00 Leicester defender Luis Hernandez travels to Malaga ahead of...
- 01:48 Peter Jay: Four years of Trump will not vanquish real America
- 01:46 Man evicted from hospital for blocking bed for two years
- 01:43 Bain, Permira interested as Toshiba flags chip business stake sale...