Monarch licence must be renewed this week or airline CAN'T sell holidays, says watchdog
The carrier's government-backed Atol licence expires on Friday and if it is not renewed it will be unable to sell package holidays, according to the UK's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
The scheme fully compensates travellers and means they're not stranded if their holiday company collapses.
It comes after the firm was forced to deny "negative speculation" over the weekend that it is in financial trouble.
The Atol scheme is dependent on when a trip is booked rather than when it takes place, so holidaymakers currently abroad or due to travel after Friday would still be protected... read more
- 11:04 London Midland praised for improvements in customer service
- 11:03 Boys as well as girls should be told about the evils of FGM
- 11:03 Jose Mourinho provides Manchester United injury update ahead of...
- 11:03 Ander Herrera seen rousing Manchester United team-mates in tunnel...
- 11:02 Daring councillor’s 70ft charity plunge
- 11:02 Barcelona name just one Spaniard in starting XI for the first time...
- 11:02 Juventus star Dani Alves says he quit Barcelona because they were...
- 11:02 Zlatan Ibrahimovic must love playing with Paul Pogba and Chelsea...
- 11:02 Pervert police officer sacked after being caught with indecent...
- 11:02 Sheffield City Region leaders unite to tackle inequality and boost...
- 11:02 South Yorkshire farmer’s live lamb cam is an internet hit
- 11:02 FTSE steadies after setting one-month high, Unilever slumps
- 11:02 VIDEO: Family of Sheffield man shot dead say 'We are all grieving'
- 11:02 Global airlines see Doncaster Sheffield airport in new light
- 11:02 Chinese news agency warns South Korea's Lotte over THAAD
- 11:01 Lindley hair salon fire: Two arrested on suspicion of wounding with...
- 11:00 Hartlepool Marina lock emptied for first time in more than 20 years
- 11:00 Another major deal for Hartlepool company
- 11:00 Appeal for witnesses after burglary in Northamptonshire village
- 11:00 Piers Morgan for KNIGHTHOOD? Fans make huge demands as host...
- 11:00 Warning to parents over highly infectious bug sweeping UK schools
- 11:00 London Midland praised for improvements in customer service
- 11:00 Police want to speak to this man about bank card stolen in Corby
- 11:00 UNITARY AUTHORITY: Labour calls for ‘end to shambles’
- 10:59 Police want to speak to this man about bank card stolen in Corby
- 10:59 CH1ChesterBID Welcome Ambassador Luka Jake Morrell: A Day in the Life
- 10:59 Warning to parents over highly infectious bug sweeping UK schools
- 10:59 Sir Tom Jones to perform summer concerts and here's how to get tickets
- 10:58 Gang of beggers pictured getting out of Romanian registered car...
- 10:57 NHS IN CRISIS: ‘Stroke patients will have to travel further to...