Monarch hopes to clinch a £160m life line as deadline set by regulators looms
Budget airline Monarch is hoping to clinch a £160million life line ahead of a Wednesday deadline set by regulators.
The Civil Aviation Authority wants to see the business is properly funded after extending its Atol licence to this week.
The CAA oversees the Atol protection scheme designed to protect the money of holiday makers.
Investment fund Greybull bought Monarch two years ago but trading has been tough due to fierce competition, terrorist attacks and striking air traffic controllers.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Monarch set to buy 15 new Boeing aeroplanes after major... Monarch... read more
- 09:51 Khan signs up for Lancashire T-20 campaign
- 09:51 Morecambe’s Mullin hailed ahead of trip to Newport
- 09:51 Man hit with hammer then pushed through Burger King window in Skegness
- 09:51 Government records £9.4bn surplus in January
- 09:51 This hair dye will adapt its colour according to your surroundings
- 09:51 Air ambulance at scene of crash involving lorry and motorbike
- 09:50 'Stubborn' swan blocks M27 at Fareham
- 09:50 This Nottinghamshire design firm is looking to boost the web...
- 09:49 Burglars steal car keys from Sandiacre home - then take Citroen...
- 09:49 UK food and drink sales hit £20bn across the world
- 09:49 Roman Abramovich secures crucial deal: Chelsea fans will love this
- 09:48 Czechs, tired of being 'Europe's garbage can', will push for better...
- 09:48 China jails former head of safety watchdog for 15 years for graft
- 09:47 Serious cause behind the smile
- 09:47 Explorer Levison Wood to entertain Chesterfield with stories of his...
- 09:46 Sutton United boss hits out at 20-stone goalie Wayne Shaw for...
- 09:45 You can skip this ad in a year: YouTube drops 30-second commercials
- 09:45 YP Comment: The best and worst of politics
- 09:45 Pundit addresses rumours of Man United’s £30m Arsenal raid: This...
- 09:45 Multi vehicle accident on M62 near Leeds
- 09:45 Milo Yiannopoulos banned from conference over paedophilia comments
- 09:45 Children's sex book causes stir in Indonesia
- 09:45 COURT REGISTER
- 09:45 THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: Catching God’s attention as spring arrives...
- 09:44 South Africa grants Barclays Africa some immunity in FX rigging probe
- 09:44 Hammond closes in on budget goal after strong January tax inflows
- 09:44 Mourinho mind games begin as Man Utd draw Chelsea in FA Cup
- 09:44 Marlpool model set for a comeback
- 09:44 Asia stocks consolidate recent gains; China shines
- 09:43 Tory leader challenges council's call to splash cash on traffic...