Monarch hopes to clinch a £160m life line as deadline set by regulators looms
Budget airline Monarch is hoping to clinch a £160million life line ahead of a Wednesday deadline set by regulators.
The Civil Aviation Authority wants to see the business is properly funded after extending its Atol licence to this week.
The CAA oversees the Atol protection scheme designed to protect the money of holiday makers.
Investment fund Greybull bought Monarch two years ago but trading has been tough due to fierce competition, terrorist attacks and striking air traffic controllers.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Monarch set to buy 15 new Boeing aeroplanes after major... Monarch... read more
- 12:59 Last tenant moves out as bulldozers are set to move in on Albert...
- 12:59 Government commits to using UK steel after giving backing to...
- 12:59 Anniversary for family run Whaley Bridge company
- 12:58 Biker relives horrifying moment he fell head-first on rocks and...
- 12:58 HK legislature delays swearing-in of pro-independence lawmakers...
- 12:58 Woman's agonising TWO-AND-A-HALF-YEAR wait for pain relief treatment
- 12:57 Screws placed around victim's car after vandals target home
- 12:56 Zac Goldsmith set to quit as MP over Heathrow decision
- 12:55 Councils aren't paying enough to cover the costs of home care for...
- 12:55 Wildlife broadcaster Simon King officially opens Gibraltar Point...
- 12:55 Four tonnes of asbestos fly-tipped near Marshchapel
- 12:55 Woman takes over estate agents 16 years after starting as part-time...
- 12:54 Plans for Cheryl's third wedding 'underway' as boyfriend Liam Payne...
- 12:53 Former Everton striker confirms return to Goodison Park as coach
- 12:53 Scots experts hope vaping could help people lose weight
- 12:52 Meet the two new police horses ready to hit our streets
- 12:52 Police investigating after 'petrol bomb' attack outside family home
- 12:52 Spate of tool thefts from South Tyneside work vans
- 12:51 ‘For the love of our planet’: Transition Town Louth event at Youth...
- 12:51 Daughter of murdered police officer is given escort to school by...
- 12:51 New general manager for Eshott Hall
- 12:51 Four tonnes of asbestos fly-tipped near Marshchapel
- 12:51 Housing for Forces under spotlight
- 12:51 17-year-old released on conditional bail after Southport 'shooting'
- 12:50 For British bank start-up, Brexit has silver lining: more loans
- 12:50 World Pasta Day 2016: Everything you need to know
- 12:49 Remembrance set to be marked early by Sunderland AFC
- 12:49 Widnes man killed wife’s lover with wheel brace after catching them...
- 12:49 Bastian Schweinsteiger can lift Manchester United - Manuel Neuer
- 12:49 Bid to continue quarrying in Nottinghamshire until 2035 submitted...