Monarch hopes to clinch a £160m life line as deadline set by regulators looms
Budget airline Monarch is hoping to clinch a £160million life line ahead of a Wednesday deadline set by regulators.
The Civil Aviation Authority wants to see the business is properly funded after extending its Atol licence to this week.
The CAA oversees the Atol protection scheme designed to protect the money of holiday makers.
Investment fund Greybull bought Monarch two years ago but trading has been tough due to fierce competition, terrorist attacks and striking air traffic controllers.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Monarch set to buy 15 new Boeing aeroplanes after major... Monarch... read more
- 09:46 EU nationals living in UK CAN stay after Brexit, Theresa May confirms
- 09:46 Airdrieonians and Albion Rovers face tough start to the League One...
- 09:44 Survey reveals Warwickshire adults lost £9 million to cyber crime
- 09:44 Disabled horse riding charity near Warwick to become new headquarters
- 09:44 VW waives appeal against German dieselgate compensation cases
- 09:43 When does Ramadan end and what is it? Everything you need to know...
- 09:42 Magical mystery tour challenge for pals
- 09:42 Devastated Leicester man explains how best friend died on mountain...
- 09:41 Rejoice, for you can now buy a £140 Prada paperclip with which to...
- 09:41 Why taking a summer time swim in a reservoir could cost you everything
- 09:40 Cheryl takes up private boxing lessons to keep fit following the...
- 09:40 Child rapist jailed for eight years
- 09:39 Skipper convinced of Finals Day presence
- 09:39 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:38 Update | Victim of attempted murder alive but still in a critical...
- 09:38 Folk hero who played her last ever gig in Northamptonshire is...
- 09:38 Barrow bakers knead one last push to hit fundraising goal
- 09:38 Video: Amazing footage of Knypersely Reservoir
- 09:38 Oil edges up, but still set for worst first half performance in 20...
- 09:37 Man Utd 2017/18 home kit images leaked online
- 09:36 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:35 Planning applications received by Harrogate Borough Council, week...
- 09:35 Birmingham City and John Terry: The story so far
- 09:35 Stand up if you love West Brom: Albion 'very keen' for safe standing
- 09:34 Dani Alves issues huge Manchester City hint after breaking silence...
- 09:34 The Transport Talk column with Don Mackenzie
- 09:34 Flats evacuated due to blaze
- 09:34 Pair guilty of taking Ellen’s belongings
- 09:34 Burglars caught on CCTV ransacking play centre
- 09:33 Steps release EMOTIONAL new music video for latest single - written...