Monarch given 12 day extension on its licence to operate
Monarch has been given an extension on its licence to operate.
The announcement was made on Friday night following discussions between Monarch and the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) - just hours before the licence was due to expire.
The firm now has 12 days to meet the requirements of an Atol licence - the government-backed scheme which compensates travellers in full and ensures they are not stranded if a holiday company collapses.
In a statement, Monarch said it had "successfully concluded discussions" and offered its thanks to the CAA.
It added that it had received... read more
- 15:15 North Cumbrian headteachers: Cash cuts are having devastating impact
- 15:15 Lancashire recommends.... independent jewellers
- 15:15 Hybrid ‘super-slugs’ are invading British gardens and we can’t stop...
- 15:14 Libyan wealth fund trial against SocGen to start in UK court
- 15:14 Amazon, Alphabet drive Nasdaq to record high
- 15:14 Syrian youth find freedom in Parkour
- 15:14 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:13 Go with the slow! Cambridge is named as having the slowest traffic...
- 15:13 This man has been crowned the best property dealmaker in Notts
- 15:13 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:13 Premier League stats: Who has scored the highest percentage of...
- 15:12 Slingsby visitors asked for straw poll on top scarecrows
- 15:12 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire
- 15:12 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:12 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:11 Amazon 'style assistant' divides opinion
- 15:11 Cousins who attacked man in Llanrwst caravan appear in court
- 15:10 Neighbours spoiler: Will Piper get sexually assaulted after tense...
- 15:09 QUICK QUIZ: Seven questions about the last seven days...
- 15:09 Tottenham v Arsenal: 11 players could miss north London derby
- 15:09 Four in hospital after van smashed into bus stop in Clydebank
- 15:09 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:09 Why parents could be entitled to a £2,000 windfall from the Government
- 15:09 Why your Vauxhall Zafira could be a fire risk - and how to check
- 15:09 Customers see their money disappear on Natwest banking app
- 15:09 Why you should never use these names for your children's 'privates'
- 15:09 BREAKING: Midfielder John-Joe O’Toole signs new two-year deal at...
- 15:09 Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko weigh-in before Wembley fight
- 15:08 High Tides April 29 to May 6
- 15:08 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire