Monarch given 12 day extension on its licence to operate
Monarch has been given an extension on its licence to operate.
The announcement was made on Friday night following discussions between Monarch and the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) - just hours before the licence was due to expire.
The firm now has 12 days to meet the requirements of an Atol licence - the government-backed scheme which compensates travellers in full and ensures they are not stranded if a holiday company collapses.
In a statement, Monarch said it had "successfully concluded discussions" and offered its thanks to the CAA.
It added that it had received... read more
- 09:06 Tom Petty’s family hope accidental drug overdose report will help...
- 09:04 Draw Your Mum: Make Mother’s Day special with our creative project
- 09:04 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 09:03 BIG INTERVIEW: Peter and Kath Mason
- 09:03 They speak for you – but how loud are Calderdale MP's voices in...
- 09:03 Drunk man ‘hammered on door’ in Skegness because he was lost
- 09:03 Derbyshire council tax rise will help 'rising numbers' of needy...
- 09:02 North East MEP Jonathan Arnott resigns from UKIP
- 09:01 Latest news from Belford History Society
- 09:01 How to get rid of piles - and always do this to prevent...
- 09:01 Flu epidemic: the hell of being ill when you’re a parent, and how...
- 09:00 No football snobs at St Johnstone, says Murray Davidson
- 09:00 Raith Rovers can open up a gap at the top
- 09:00 Dundee’s Jon Aurtenetxe hoping for cup success in Scotland after...
- 09:00 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang focused on other things, hints Borussia...
- 08:59 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 08:55 Federer controversy mounts as Cash admits star has 'UNFAIR...
- 08:53 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 08:52 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 08:50 Crunch summit to decide South Yorkshire devolution deal
- 08:47 Australian Open Day 7 schedule: Order of play with Nadal, Wozniacki...
- 08:45 Flasher exposes himself to girl on her way to school
- 08:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:42 Plaid fears the return of the 'milk snatcher' in Welsh schools
- 08:41 Couple with combined age of 171 become ‘Britain’s oldest newlyweds’
- 08:40 Why you need to wash your car now as winter weather could be...
- 08:39 Major funding delight for town kids club
- 08:38 Driver ignores warning signs and narrowly avoids hitting road...
- 08:36 Barcelona news LIVE updates: Messi to block Man Utd move, Valverde...
- 08:35 Aylesbury Vale District Council going for national glory in 2018...