Monarch given 12 day extension on its licence to operate
Monarch has been given an extension on its licence to operate.
The announcement was made on Friday night following discussions between Monarch and the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) - just hours before the licence was due to expire.
The firm now has 12 days to meet the requirements of an Atol licence - the government-backed scheme which compensates travellers in full and ensures they are not stranded if a holiday company collapses.
In a statement, Monarch said it had "successfully concluded discussions" and offered its thanks to the CAA.
It added that it had received... read more
- 02:38 Quiz: What causes a third of Europe's flight delays?
- 02:38 Windrush anniversary celebrated at Westminster Abbey
- 02:09 OLD FRIENDS
- 02:04 Bella Hadid steps out in quirky yellow boiler suit as she heads out...
- 02:04 Emmerdale star Anthony Quinlan 'splits from Strictly dancer...
- 02:04 Kim Kardashian wears only a simple gold wedding band as she returns...
- 02:04 Jude Law's daughter Iris, 17, shows off her fashion credentials in...
- 02:04 Ant McPartlin's new girlfriend Anne-Marie Corbett 'organised a...
- 02:04 Kylie Minogue, 50, backtracks on previous heartbreaking confession...
- 02:04 Love Island: Fans left disgusted after watching Adam 'ram his...
- 01:55 Airbus warns no-deal Brexit could see it leave UK
- 01:39 Great Exhibition of the North artists on 'freedom, cheap rent and...
- 01:39 Mayo and Whiley: How long does a radio show take to settle in?
- 01:38 BREAKING: Three people killed in HORRIFIC crash between train and...
- 01:37 Body found in shallow grave had 32 separate sites of injury, court...
- 01:34 'A wound that never heals': families wait for North Korea to return...
- 01:34 Eurozone agrees deal to bring Greece out of financial crisis
- 01:27 CO2 shortage threatens UK beer supplies
- 01:27 Women’s Aid issues gaslighting warning over Love Island
- 01:27 Love Island’s Sophie Gradon found dead at 32: what do we know?
- 01:20 Lord Haughey lifts EY entrepreneur gong
- 01:02 Liversedge slip down table after derby defeat
- 00:58 Italy to seize NGO rescue ships as migrant row deepens
- 00:55 Dr Therese Coffey: Everyone has a part to play to clean up our air
- 00:54 Local groups invited to apply for Bowhill funding
- 00:51 Airbus plans UK job cuts amid fears of hard Brexit impact
- 00:50 Sudoku 4093 hard
- 00:49 Royal Ascot 2018 day four tips: Billesdon Brook can land the...
- 00:47 Dr Therese Coffey: Everyone has a part to play to clean up our air
- 00:41 Misconceptions around mental health are making 1 in 4 delay...