Monarch Airlines is confident it will secure fresh financing as it battles to renew crucial licence
Monarch Airlines is confident it will secure fresh financing and so secure its crucial operating licence within the next 12 days.
The airline’s existing Air Travel Organiser’s Licence (ATOL) was due to expire at midnight on Friday after the company was forced to deny speculation that it was in financial trouble. But the group won an extension from the Civil Aviation Authority giving it until October 12 to meet the requirements.
The licence guarantees holidaymakers booking with an ATOL-holding company protection if an airline goes bust.
It ensures they can continue their holidays if abroad... read more
- 06:32 Workers park van over three parking spaces at Morrisons
- 06:32 Spy-cam van patrols past school BEFORE parents break parking rules
- 06:32 Drivers say a complete ring road for Lincoln 'can't come soon enough'
- 06:31 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:31 Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism,...
- 06:28 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 06:28 ‘Drug den’ in Spalding town centre disabled loo
- 06:28 'Unsafe' care home in Leek threatened with closure if drastic...
- 06:28 New escape rooms to open in Hanley
- 06:28 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:28 MP’s calls for link road action falls on deaf ears
- 06:28 Jobless figures on rise in Fylde
- 06:28 Blackpool musicians urged to bid for aid
- 06:27 Derby news recap: The biggest stories in the last 24 hours
- 06:27 Tributes pour in for man who died after Derby Market Hall incident
- 06:26 Britain's 12 Brexit objectives - which are the most important?
- 06:26 Geordie Shore stars fuel rise in fake tans among men under 25
- 06:25 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:24 Petition calls for rail line to be re-opened
- 06:23 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:23 Man Utd January arrival on Jose Mourinho: I've always loved him......
- 06:21 Wicked the musical is returning to Birmingham Hippodrome
- 06:21 Turkish parliament approves more constitutional reform articles
- 06:21 Celtic fans adored Kris Commons but the club and midfielder are...
- 06:21 Woman in cash battle with ex-husband seeks anonymity
- 06:21 Celtic named in top 60 of Deloitte's list of richest clubs
- 06:21 Funeral of Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt to take place in Surrey
- 06:21 Rangers star Barrie McKay says he's desperate to lift Scottish Cup...
- 06:21 Sailors celebrate record-breaking triumph in world's toughest...
- 06:21 Has Rangers chairman Dave King lost trust in Mark Warburton or is...