Model railway exhibition picks up steam in Barrow
The Furness Model Railway Club celebrated its 60th anniversary as it held its annual exhibition this weekend at Barrow Sixth Form College.
More than 2,000 people turned up to enjoy the two-day celebration.
Russ Peters, 55, the chairman of the club, said: "This is our 54th show since the club was formed in 1956 and this is our 60th anniversary year.
"I joined the club in 1977, I've held a few positions and I've been chairman since 1996."
Spread across the entire building, the exhibition has grown since its early days to become a two-day celebration of not just trains, but of... read more
- 09:09 Country & Coast: Garden watch gives meagre mammal count of just ten
- 09:09 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Aberdeen would have folded against Hibs in the past but we are so...
- 09:08 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Stalker is spared from jail after making victim’s life hell
- 09:08 South Shields’ The Word wins four gongs at building awards
- 09:08 Dana White admits he gives Conor McGregor a lot more leeway than...
- 09:08 South Shields ‘run face’ man delighted after marathon effort
- 09:07 Doncaster football legend Kevin Keegan awarded damages after...
- 09:07 Root relishes challenge of aiding Yorkshire’s pursuit of one-day glory
- 09:06 Volunteers urged to help clean up Durham Heritage Coast
- 09:06 Arsenal face competition from four clubs for Alexandre...
- 09:06 Madeleine McCann disappearance: Detectives still pursuing...
- 09:06 Hartlepool United’s new boss is confident: 100%
- 09:06 The Odd Couple takes centre stage
- 09:05 Firefighters tackle bedroom fire in Doncaster
- 09:05 Real Madrid star's wife makes huge transfer revelation: He wants to...
- 09:05 Facebook baby killing: Grief and questions after shocking murder
- 09:05 Campaigners tell politicians: Get off the fence over Rainford’s...
- 09:04 Huge Kylian Mbappe update: Club to make £85m bid for Monaco star
- 09:04 Man accused of tying up Gainsborough OAP charged with four more...
- 09:04 Two teenagers arrested after fight outside Nottingham Academy
- 09:04 Bassetlaw prepares to welcome stage of the OVO Energy Tour of Britain
- 09:03 Blackpool: From the courts 26-04-17
- 09:03 Airport duty free more expensive than supermarkets, new study finds
- 09:03 Taxis in South Tyneside spark row after parking in disabled bays
- 09:02 Last-gasp winner shows Dundee United are up for promotion fight,...
- 09:02 St Johnstone want to make their mark in Europe
- 09:03 Train strike to go ahead after talks fail
- 09:02 Dundee interim boss Neil McCann admits he already has team in mind...