Mitsubishi wants to triple executives' annual pay
Mitsubishi Motors is proposing higher salary caps that could triple the annual pay packages of its top executives.
The new limits come as the scandal-hit Japanese carmaker prepares to appoint Carlos Ghosn as chairman.
The firm wants to raise the cash limit on executive pay from 960m yen (£6.7m, $8.4m) to 2bn yen. There could also be non-cash rewards worth 1bn yen.
The new salary caps need approval by shareholders.
They are due to vote on that at an extraordinary meeting on 14 December.
Shareholders will also be asked to approve the appointment of Nissan and Renault boss Carlos Ghosn as... read more
- 08:08 Premier League stats: Top passers this season revealed with one...
- 08:08 Lewis Hamilton makes statement about world title in Australian...
- 08:07 A590 closed at Lindal tonight 8pm-6am but road fully reopens...
- 08:07 Former Cumbria chief constable to lead response to Westminster...
- 08:07 Green light for measures aimed at cutting Cartmel congestion
- 08:07 Inspectors visit Dalton zoo ahead of fresh licence application
- 08:07 Young Barrow woman's life cut short after battle with addiction
- 08:07 Hundreds turn out to say goodbye to Sunderland dad Lee Downey
- 08:07 Alliance Trust Savings returns to full-year profit
- 08:06 Author Bill Bryson names St Andrew’s Church in Whissendine as one...
- 08:06 Roosting pigeons leave St Mary’s Church in Stamford with £30,000...
- 08:06 Villages such as Measham to become 'meat in noisy sandwich' over...
- 08:06 Campaigners hit out at Florida Farm decision
- 08:06 Bank branch to close its doors in September
- 08:06 Number of child sex offences recorded in Derbyshire drops
- 08:05 ‘I’m not going to retire’ says Hartlepool TV star Jeff Stelling
- 08:05 Plans for 30 homes in village near Shrewsbury submitted
- 08:04 Sheffield ice hockey player to be sentenced for sex attacks on girls
- 08:04 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:03 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:03 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:02 Real Madrid News: Star pair to Chelsea, new formation next term,...
- 08:01 John Edward: Is it time for all schools to have governors?
- 08:01 Reopen second Shrewsbury Railway Station entrance call
- 08:01 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:01 Lancaster City focusing on job in hand with seven games to go
- 08:00 Turkey says negotiating with aviation authorities on electronics ban
- 07:59 'Lukaku is absolutely flying at the minute' - Grimsby Town loanee...
- 07:59 Play-Offs are 'still possible' insists Grimsby Town boss Marcus...
- 07:59 French corporate margins, household income growth ease in...