Mitie issues profit warning as it reports £100m loss
Outsourcing firm Mitie has issued another profit warning as it faces fresh hits from economic uncertainty and rising staff costs.
The company's half-year results revealed a £100m loss, compared with a £45m profit a year earlier, which it blamed on "changing market conditions".
It has put its healthcare unit "under strategic review" and is withdrawing from the home healthcare market.
Shares in Mitie plunged 13% in early trade.
The £100m loss was mainly due to Mitie writing down the value of its home healthcare business.
The company said the board had changed its long-term... read more
- 14:28 Nicky Hayden: Fans who met MotoGP legend write most touching...
- 14:28 Huddersfield students have 3D printed a 'bionic' hand for girl who...
- 14:28 Most of us have 13 secrets – including five we’ve never told anyone
- 14:27 'Got 20 chicken nuggets to feed the ducks' Lottery winner Jane Park...
- 14:27 Tories have a 'good chance' of winning Scunthorpe, says Communities...
- 14:27 Mum died from infected scratch after Bulgarian medics failed to...
- 14:27 Emmanuel Macron and Vladimir Putin shake hands ready for frosty...
- 14:27 Who will stay at Liverpool FC this summer?
- 14:27 50 Judo students make the grade
- 14:25 Readers most want better roads for Coventry, according to our survey
- 14:25 Muslim man offers free hugs in response to Manchester terror attack
- 14:24 Stroke of fortune for the Lions’ swimmers
- 14:24 Yemen cholera death toll rises, but number of infections drop - WHO
- 14:23 Kagiso Rabada tears England apart despite Jonny Bairstow resistance
- 14:23 Court round-up: Grantham area defendants in court
- 14:22 Cops arrest 13-year-old over gang attack that left man with serious...
- 14:22 Cambridge American Cemetery photo appeal for US war dead
- 14:21 COLUMN: Good news for Doncaster patients as GPs are either good or...
- 14:21 Amazon launches 40 new channels
- 14:21 Sheffield taxi drivers and mosques denounce Manchester terror...
- 14:20 What a difference an 85-week clean-up operation makes! 5,000 TONNES...
- 14:20 How to maintain your lawn this summer
- 14:18 Spain arrests 14 on suspicion of making, selling...
- 14:18 Kenwick Park GC seniors earn Waltham stalemate
- 14:17 Tributes continue for North East victims of terror attack as MI5...
- 14:17 Confused ASOS customers are receiving half-opened packets of Polos...
- 14:16 Hamerton Zoo Park evacuated over ongoing incident
- 14:15 EU ministers agree car approval rules after dieselgate
- 14:15 Ireland must make call on AIB IPO in next 10 days -minister
- 14:15 Cheshire Oaks host of fun events for half-term