'Missing CCTV footage which was totally ignored and the nagging doubts that convinced me Ched Evans was innocent'
It is almost exactly four years ago since Ched Evans family first contacted me completely out of the blue to say they were at their wit’s end and didn’t know who else to turn to.
I met up with Ched's mother Helen and sister Kylie at their house in Rhyl and was introduced to another sister Nicola. They were pleading with me to urgently review his case as it was now completely ‘dead in the water.’
At that stage the thought of any appeal though seemed light years away. Ched had already lost his appeal opportunity and there was now only one route open to try to his innocence.
Ched Evans case... read more
- 07:11 Premier League fixtures 2017/2018 - these are the fixtures...
- 07:10 India renews Mohammad Shami cricket contract after violence charge
- 07:09 Double delight for Carlisle children's nursery after flood recovery
- 07:07 New Zealand captain Kane Williamson becomes Kiwis' all-time leading...
- 07:07 Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes send message to rivals as champion sets...
- 07:03 40, 000 fake cigarettes and drugs seized as part of Doncaster...
- 07:02 7 of the best gins to drink during spring and the Easter holidays
- 06:58 Spalding nurse and runner: ‘I just had to stop and help him’
- 06:57 Prince Charles claims: lavish spending, obsessed with public...
- 06:57 Gangster’s paradise: how organised crime took over Russia
- 06:57 The end of the auteur?
- 06:57 Sea of dog mess is like ‘50 Shades of Brown’
- 06:57 Bird of prey flying at leisure centre to scare away pigeons
- 06:57 The two teenage Irish Traveller brothers who became sensations in...
- 06:57 Treasure Island was pure gold
- 06:56 Wife’s vow to raise £50k to fund husband’s brain tumour fight abroad
- 06:56 Bag a bargain when Joules sale returns to Corby this weekend
- 06:56 Defibrillator installed in Bidford
- 06:56 APPEAL: Theft from Assembly Rooms market
- 06:56 Roundabout wins in battle to make Kettering junction safer
- 06:56 Spalding nurse and runner: ‘I just had to stop and help him’
- 06:56 Kettering steak house hopes to be a cut above the rest
- 06:56 Wellingborough MP Peter Bone: “I’ve no link with Cambridge Analytica”
- 06:56 40, 000 fake cigarettes and drugs seized as part of Doncaster...
- 06:56 ‘This is our life sentence’ say murder victim’s family as...
- 06:54 Liverpool ace Mohamed Salah battling Kevin de Bruyne and Harry Kane...
- 06:53 Ear Hustle: vivid view of life behind bars in San Quentin –...
- 06:51 Thrills and chills at Broadway's Frozen musical
- 06:51 Watchdog raids firm suspected of 200m nuisance calls
- 06:42 Period poverty in Cumbria - girls missing lessons over cost of...