Ministers snub calls for new wind turbine rules
There is currently no set minimum limit on how close wind turbines can be built to homes, roads and public rights of way. Last September, a Government planning inspector allowed an appeal to build five turbines at Spalding airfield, near Howden.
One of the turbines at the site will stand just 750m from the nearest residential property.
At the same time, the inspector also rejected a separate seven- turbine scheme for another site at Spaldington after claiming it would create an "unpleasant, overwhelming and oppressive" outlook for people living nearby.
The inspector's decisions... read more
- 14:15 Good Samaritans thanked
- 14:15 Date set for second inquest into suspicious death of Cumbrian baby
- 14:15 Chemo didn't stop Jo tackling challenge list
- 14:15 WATCH: Burton Albion vs Blackburn Rovers result predicted by...
- 14:14 Pictured: Diego Costa in Chelsea training ground ‘scrap’, David...
- 14:12 Arsenal FC lie in wait for former Lambs star Habergham
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner
- 14:06 All aboard the Second City Crossing
- 14:06 New planets that could host alien life discovered with help of...
- 14:05 UCLan team helps to find new planets
- 14:05 Police warn people to ‘stay off roads’ as Storm Doris hits
- 14:05 Numbness and tingling in the hands could be THIS common syndrome -...
- 14:05 UK inflation expectations steady for year ahead, rise further out
- 14:04 Pope suggests 'better to be atheist than hypocritical Catholic'
- 14:04 Warwickshire Police are appealing for information to a burglary
- 14:04 Storm Doris closes Runcorn expressway
- 14:04 Paris protests: Students tear-gassed by police
- 14:04 Shaun Walmsley escape: A nightmare scenario Merseyside Police could...
- 14:04 Inquest of Nigel and Linda Ordinans: Apology
- 14:04 Decision on council tax rise set for next week
- 14:04 District council rubber stamps budget