Ministers snub calls for new wind turbine rules
There is currently no set minimum limit on how close wind turbines can be built to homes, roads and public rights of way. Last September, a Government planning inspector allowed an appeal to build five turbines at Spalding airfield, near Howden.
One of the turbines at the site will stand just 750m from the nearest residential property.
At the same time, the inspector also rejected a separate seven- turbine scheme for another site at Spaldington after claiming it would create an "unpleasant, overwhelming and oppressive" outlook for people living nearby.
The inspector's decisions... read more
- 06:06 On the road to improvement
- 06:05 Births led by midwives rather than doctors linked to greater risks...
- 06:05 Seychelles vice president to complete term of resigning president
- 06:00 Britain 'could take 20,000 migrants from Italy' as packed migrant...
- 05:57 These photos show what Caernarfon's waterfront could look like...
- 05:57 Find out what developers are planning to build in Wrexham
- 05:56 Expanding Birmingham Airport will be Labour mayor candidate Sion...
- 05:50 China stocks sag ahead of long holiday; HK follows Asian markets lower
- 05:48 Computer treatment helps stroke-induced blindness
- 05:47 Man United News: Transfer boost, defender injury update, No.10 battle
- 05:47 Live breaking news, weather and traffic updates around...
- 05:41 Expanding Birmingham Airport will be Labour mayor candidate Sion...
- 05:39 Computer treatment helps stroke-induced blindness
- 05:37 Man United News: Mourinho's double selection, Ibrahimovic break,...
- 05:37 Jordan Spieth: Why I will never forget this Ryder Cup moment
- 05:35 Jeremy Corbyn to outline immigration policy at Labour party conference
- 05:35 Spider bites Australian man on penis again
- 05:34 Liverpool on transfer alert as midfielder clashes with boss - reports
- 05:28 Hospitals must end 'potentially dangerous' night discharges, MPs say
- 05:24 These former elite soldiers can watch your back around the globe
- 05:22 Electric car tipping point may challenge pioneers
- 05:18 Exclusive: Permira nearing deal to buy Bank of East Asia's Tricor...
- 05:16 Wallasey Tunnel to get Fast Tag lane for buses and lorries
- 05:16 Corbyn to rally the troops for 2017 General Election
- 05:16 You can now book train tickets six months in advance on Virgin Trains
- 05:16 Watch: Mums’ pleas to save Liverpool Women’s Hospital
- 05:16 Hospitals must end 'potentially dangerous' night discharges, MPs say
- 05:14 To sustain hope while preserving honesty is the challenge in...
- 05:14 The Indonesian waste pickers trading trash for healthcare
- 05:14 Leicester star Jamie Vardy: This is the real reason I snubbed...