Ministers free to ‘temporarily’ disagree with airports decision
Ministers opposed to the expansion of Heathrow will be permitted to speak out against the government’s position on expanding airport capacity in the south-east of England when it makes it final decision next week.
Scottish Secretary David Mundell will form part of the cabinet sub-committee that will decide whether to back expansion at Heathrow or Gatwick, it was also revealed.
Transport Secretary Chris Grayling has said the decision will deliver better connectivity for Scottish airports, whichever airport plan gets the go ahead.
However, in a move that will raise speculation the government... read more
- 08:06 Costa Coffee to spin off from Whitbread
- 08:06 Inside Nintendo's secretive creative process
- 08:06 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing outside flats in...
- 08:06 UK EuroMillions ticket-holder wins entire £121.3 million jackpot...
- 08:06 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool star on a par with Lionel Messi and...
- 08:04 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:03 Single Brit winner scoops £121million EuroMillions jackpot - are...
- 08:02 Extra police at Birmingham Airport today - here's why
- 08:02 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:02 Police hunt down suspected car thieves with dogs in Penwortham
- 08:01 Letters: Puzzled by 20% rise in cost of scratch cards
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Sheffield WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Doncaster WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:00 From a homeless hostel to vice-chancellor of Lincoln University
- 07:59 Supreme Court to hear NI woman's widow benefit case
- 07:55 Toronto van murderer may have killed 10 due to ‘hatred of women’
- 07:55 Golden State Warriors set up Playoff showdown with New Orleans...
- 07:54 Alfie Evans' parents to appeal against High Court's Rome travel ban...
- 07:52 Martin Bain opens up on Sunderland's relegation, Ellis Short and a...
- 07:51 TSB crisis: CEO says online banking is 'up and running', but some...
- 07:51 Meek Mill receives hero’s welcome as he rings the bell at...
- 07:50 Foreign Office climate staff cut by 25% under Boris Johnson
- 07:50 Cricket fans given chance to purchase land at Lord's for...
- 07:49 Ice cream parlour with 50 flavours to open in Northampton shopping...
- 07:48 Alfie Evans' parents to appeal against High Court's Rome travel ban...
- 07:48 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 07:46 Lloyds Bank profits jump by 23% to £1.6bn
- 07:45 Ultrafast broadband comes to Coventry - download an HD movie in...
- 07:45 Woman seeks £700,000 compensation from driver who killed her husband
- 07:45 Coventry traffic news: Ring road, M6, A46, A45, M69, M1 and more