Millom woman to appear in court accused of dishonestly claiming housing benefit for three years
Amanda Hughes, 53, of Grammerscroft, is accused of failing to notify Copeland Borough Council of a change in circumstances affecting her entitlement to housing benefit.
The offence allegedly occurred between April 30 2012 and October 5 2015.
Hughes is due to appear at South Cumbria Magistrates' Court in Barrow tomorrow (31).
- 12:40 New UK law to rein in social media firms is 'couple of years' away,...
- 12:40 Best friends love the beach
- 12:38 Grass fire in Sutton
- 12:38 Fire on open ground in Shirebrook
- 12:38 West Brom defender being targeted by Premier League pair after...
- 12:38 'I've wanted to play in the Premier League' Wolves target confirms...
- 12:35 Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce appoints two new directors to its...
- 12:33 Everton plot ambitious £60m battle with Premier League heavyweights...
- 12:33 Flat fire in Buxton
- 12:33 Fire crews called to unattended bonfire in Denby
- 12:30 The Harrogate Mayor’s column with Councillor Anne Jones
- 12:30 Man Utd legend rips Alexis Sanchez apart in brutal comparison with...
- 12:30 MotoGP crash: Watch Cal Crutchlow THROWN off bike in ‘one of...
- 12:30 Girl who can not swim lucky to be alive after being swept out to sea
- 12:28 13 of Coventry's most beautiful buildings
- 12:28 Street rocked by Leicester explosion comes together for Royal...
- 12:28 Have you seen missing Ben Robinson?
- 12:27 After fanfare of royal wedding, a major clean-up begins in Windsor
- 12:27 Images released as police launch appeal after robbery
- 12:27 Royal wedding crowds were so big they could be seen from space
- 12:21 'Frisky' hedgehogs rescued after getting stuck in cattle grid
- 12:21 Aston Martin's flagship DB11 - this is how fast it will go
- 12:20 Milan’s Suso: ‘I feel like I am only at 70% of what I can achieve’
- 12:19 Summer holiday challenge for young people as Lifestyle 2018 launches
- 12:19 The Harrogate Mayor’s column with Councillor Anne Jones
- 12:18 Harry and Meghan’s wedding attracted more than 6,000,000 tweets
- 12:17 Crime writers under the microscope
- 12:17 This week in court - Spar robbers, duvet burglar and pizza faeces
- 12:15 Royal Wedding fever hits Barrow - nurseries celebrate Prince...
- 12:15 PICTURES AND VIDEO: Iconic Victorian Northamptonshire landmark...