Millions of North African migrants could travel to Europe, warns Egyptian president
Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi claims five million migrants residing in the country and the number leaving in boats travelling to Southern Europe is increasing.
It is estimated the number of migrants to have left Egypt in 2016 is 12,000 with German news outlet Zeit Online claiming Islamic State militants are profiting from their movement.
Human traffickers, many of whom are believed to have links to ISIS, are said to be notching-up a tidy profit by charging migrants around £3,000 per person or £5,000 for a family.
President el-Sissi said the volume of ISIS fighters in his country... read more
- 06:02 10 ways your home could be breaking the law – without you even...
- 06:02 Why booking a flight on a Monday could save you money
- 06:02 Hungry House takeaway service to close down
- 05:52 World Snooker Championship 2018: Mark Selby reacts after crashing...
- 05:50 Brisbane woman dies in police custody hours after being arrested
- 05:45 Drinking in Utah: the rules and how to manage them
- 05:39 Classical music star comes to Renew Church, Uttoxeter, for pants...
- 05:39 Unique ska-punk band Lightyear kick off anniversary reunion tour...
- 05:31 Armenian leaders face crunch talks after protests
- 05:20 'Ethnic purging': French stars and dignitaries condemn antisemitism
- 05:20 'It will not be very pleasant,' Iran warns, if Trump sabotages...
- 05:19 Gurrumul’s album Djarimirri is first Indigenous-language chart-topper
- 05:17 Ranby prisoner kicked female guard “by mistake”
- 05:16 Coronation Street spoilers: Connor McIntyre reveals who is at risk...
- 04:48 Mitt Romney will face primary after setback in run for US Senate
- 04:34 Why Burton is the perfect setting for Hollywood's next big hit
- 04:34 Final touches being put to Burton's new nightclub Allure ahead of...
- 03:49 Kelly O'Dwyer forced to admit banks royal commission was needed
- 03:46 Why a faecal transplant could save your life
- 03:31 The Lido author Libby Page on the power of uplifting fiction
- 03:17 WW1 hero to be honoured 100 years after daring submarine raid
- 03:17 Corbyn speaks to Welsh Labour as Carwyn Jones quits
- 03:11 Bug appetite: German supermarket sells burgers made from worms
- 03:08 Who really blew up the twin towers?
- 02:56 Labour losing ground to Tories in ‘left-behind’ towns as it gains...
- 02:56 Get your dog chipped and checked for free at these sites
- 02:22 Cholesterol-lowering injections 'reduce chances of heart attacks by...
- 02:14 Lost Anthony Burgess essays reveal his hidden inspirations
- 02:09 Welsh communities secretary quits over allegations about ‘personal...
- 02:07 Observer killer sudoku