Millions of EU migrants will be allowed to stay, even after Brexit
Millions of EU nationals will be offered the right stay in Britain following Brexit, according to government research.
More than 80% of EU citizens living in the UK will have permanent residency by the time Britain breaks away from the EU in early 2019.
One-legged burglar drags wheelchair though smashed window to steal TV While the remaining 600,000 will be offered an amnesty as they cannot be legally deported, reports the Telegraph.
Theresa May, who has not guaranteed EU citizens the right to stay, said the government must not ‘reveal its hand’ before triggering Article 50, which is... read more
- 11:44 Greece targets trial return to markets in 2017, full return in...
- 11:41 Victor Moses is the ‘complete player’, says Chelsea forward Pedro
- 11:41 Man City v Chelsea: Cesc Fabregas starts as Nemanja Matic is ruled out
- 11:40 Gifted Dalton pupils design festive images for lights switch-on
- 11:40 Dalton set to celebrate Christmas with festive lights switch-on
- 11:40 Christmas 2016: Family Festival of Carols at Lichfield Cathedral
- 11:39 Residents fight against Coppull greenbelt homes
- 11:39 Owner of filthy sandwich shop banned for five years
- 11:39 Cunning plan hatched by this driver is foiled by police
- 11:39 Biker hurt in Blackpool crash
- 11:39 21 pictures you should see this week
- 11:39 Hull City transfer rumours - Reading striker on the agenda?
- 11:39 Live updates as police at scene of serious incident in Walker...
- 11:39 Muslims ‘forced to leave Christmas market after setting up Islam...
- 11:37 Dr Tony Xia claims Aston Villa will be Europe's best within a...
- 11:37 Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil once again praises 'idol' Zinedine...
- 11:37 The shocking scale of drug driving revealed
- 11:35 PICTURE: Lorry gets stuck under bridge on Derbyshire road
- 11:33 Jurgen Klopp confirms the one Liverpool player he would sell in...
- 11:33 Kerching! Lincoln Christmas Market's boost to city's small traders
- 11:33 Liverpool legend: I would have succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson as...
- 11:33 Dad donates dead son's unopened Christmas presents to sick children...
- 11:33 Dangers of the diet pills sold on the High Street: Experts warn...
- 11:32 Water shock! River clean-up nets a big haul
- 11:32 Organisers hoping for big turn-out at Xmas Market
- 11:30 BREAKING: Explosion tears through China leaving many feared dead
- 11:29 Stowaway migrants found crushed under trucks in Austria
- 11:29 Manchester City vs Chelsea, Premier League LIVE: Follow all the...
- 11:29 Yobs wreck blood biker’s Triumph Tiger
- 11:27 Key man exit may pave way for Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard to...