Millions approved for planned cycle bridge at Boots Enterprise Zone
More than £6m of funding has been approved for the Boots Enterprise Zone – much of which is planned to go towards a new cycle and pedestrian bridge over the Midland Mainline railway.
Nottingham City Council has been awarded the £6.1m by the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership, which was accepted by councillors at a city council Executive Board meeting on Tuesday.
The bridge will link the enterprise zone with the Nottingham Science Park, Nottingham University, the Queen's Medical Centre, and the bus and tram network on University Boulevard, according to a council report.
Read more: Changes... read more
- 15:44 This artist’s incredibly detailed models show the reality of living...
- 15:44 Party divisions must end now, says Labour Shadow Chancellor
- 15:43 Woman scared to walk home alone after being followed in the dark
- 15:42 Choir hits right notes at UK final
- 15:42 Couple jailed after starving dogs and locking them under the stairs
- 15:42 Bodies of two boys, 17, found near cliffs in Saltburn
- 15:41 Trainspotting sequel props sold for charity
- 15:41 Sir Lenny Henry STORMS OFF Graham Norton's Big Chat after yelling...
- 15:38 Manchester United’s Daley Blind linked with AS Roma transfer
- 15:38 Jose Mourinho reveals the real reason he was in Croatia amid Ivan...
- 15:38 Four Egyptian soldiers killed by explosion in Sinai
- 15:35 Boxing Junior Championships cancelled due to 'threat to life'
- 15:34 QUIZ Celebrate Elton John’s 70th by proving you know all the words...
- 15:33 Who is Manchester United transfer target Ivan Perisic?
- 15:33 How to buy Man City tickets: A guide on how to attend the team's...
- 15:33 Call for councils to ban sky lanterns and balloons in Lincolnshire...
- 15:32 Woman who voted for Trump upset to find her husband will be deported
- 15:32 When do the clocks go forward in 2017?
- 15:32 Choir hits right notes at UK final
- 15:30 Justice League movie TRAILER: Full explosive promo arrives in full...
- 15:30 Seamus Coleman injury: Everton boss Ronald Koeman speaks out on...
- 15:29 How to look after your mental health when you’re always on...
- 15:29 Brazil teacher changes hairstyle to support bullied girl
- 15:29 Air ambulance called after two car crash near Holmfirth
- 15:26 How Hull could soon blanket ban pavement parking
- 15:26 Hull FC player ratings and stats after win at Wigan Warriors
- 15:25 Arsene Wenger gives contract update and reveals future plans
- 15:25 EU leaders meet in Rome but growing Euroscepticism in Italy...
- 15:24 Police pounce on homes and a barge during drugs raids
- 15:22 CHOKING HAZARD: Products for teething babies recalled due to safety...