Millennials are NOT lazier than baby boomers: The idea that older generations work harder is a myth
The typical millennial is a work-shy, gadget-addicted, selfie-taking layabout.
At least that's the stereotype that is typically used to describe the younger generation.
But the evidence suggests young people may not be so lazy after all.
A study has found the idea that older generations work harder than youngsters today is just a myth, with no difference in work ethic across the generations.
The idea that baby boomers of the post-war era have an inherent 'Protestant work ethic' – to be hardworking, firm and fair – is deeply ingrained in society.
Despite huge shifts in working practices,... read more
- 08:03 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 08:03 Masked armed thug struck elderly man
- 08:03 Pervert jailed after sexual assaults
- 08:02 Even North Korea’s combat sunglasses are fake, says military expert
- 08:02 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 08:02 Masked armed thug struck elderly man
- 08:02 Lloyds defies ‘challenging’ market to double profit
- 08:01 Masked armed thug struck elderly man
- 08:01 Students get dream chance to play at iconic former home of The Beatles
- 08:00 Michael Bisping believes Georges St-Pierre fight will happen in...
- 08:00 Plus-size clothing company N Brown says markets to remain tough
- 07:59 Fairplay’s vital help for children with disabilities
- 07:59 Manchester United hotel searched by sniffer dogs before derby clash...
- 07:59 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:59 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten awesome things to do in Derbyshire...
- 07:59 Bradley Lowery in hospital with doctors fearing the disease is...
- 07:59 Pervert jailed after sexual assaults
- 07:58 Pervert jailed after sexual assaults
- 07:57 Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off: Bad news as Ewan McGregor 'joins...
- 07:57 Dog loves busker so much he refuses to move until song is over
- 07:57 Watch Rangers fan Grado teach Arsenal supporters how to do the...
- 07:56 You could now be told to leave more than 30 South Yorkshire pubs -...
- 07:54 Business sponsor sought for Community Champion Awards
- 07:54 Man admits assaulting police constable
- 07:54 Stefan Nielsen wants to prove a point with Scunthorpe Scorpions
- 07:54 Scunthorpe determined to keep winning run going
- 07:54 Coroner warns northern Lincolnshire asbestos deaths will peak in...
- 07:54 Arriva Rail North workers to strike but what Calderdale routes will...
- 07:54 Man, 48, facing 21 child sex charges kills himself
- 07:54 Website aims to reveal shale gas site monitoring