Millennia-old mummy belonging to a servant of warrior king Thutmose III's household is discovered in 'very good condition' in Luxor
Spanish archaeologists have discovered a millennia-old mummy in 'very good condition' near the southern Egyptian town of Luxor, the antiquities ministry said on Sunday.
The find was in a tomb probably dating from between 1075-664 BC, on the west bank of the Nile river 700 kilometres (435 miles) south of Cairo, a statement said.
The mummy had been bound with linen stuck together with plaster.
It was in a brightly coloured wooden sarcophagus and had been buried near a temple from the era of fourth-millennium warrior king Thutmose III.
The tomb was likely to have belonged to a nobleman,... read more
- 16:04 Inspirational film about Whitnash man’s cancer battle shows the...
- 16:04 Community rallying to help children's football club in Southam...
- 16:03 VIDEO: 'Somebody out there knows what happened' - Top cop issues...
- 16:03 Riverside development will "transform" Castleford
- 16:02 Longridge's Palace Cinema opens bigger and better than ever before...
- 16:02 Man Utd transfer news: Cristiano Ronaldo has Real Madrid 'mission'...
- 16:01 Riverside development will "transform" Castleford
- 16:01 Boy, 14, sent home from school because ‘his haircut violated...
- 16:01 VIDEO: 'Somebody out there knows what happened' - Top cop issues...
- 16:00 Public Health England warns of measles outbreak at music festivals
- 15:59 Bouncebackability: a word coined for the play-offs that fits them...
- 15:59 Arsenal in talks with defender Stephan Lichtsteiner over free transfer
- 15:57 VIDEO: Decline in Puffin numbers on the Farnes
- 15:57 National award for Kettering teacher
- 15:56 Liverpool’s best Champions League final chant REVEALED – as chosen...
- 15:56 VIDEO: 'Somebody out there knows what happened' - Top cop issues...
- 15:55 Man accused of killing Sheffield toddler due back in court next week
- 15:54 World champion boxer Robin Reid takes to the ring with young Daniel...
- 15:53 Cow’s burps could become less damaging if we feed them seaweed
- 15:53 Man accused of killing Sheffield toddler due back in court next week
- 15:53 BREAKING NEWS: Person hit by train at Doncaster railway station
- 15:53 VIDEO: Decline in Puffin numbers on the Farnes
- 15:52 Liverpool star James Milner is BETTER than Cristiano Ronaldo – new...
- 15:52 Man accused of killing Sheffield toddler due back in court next week
- 15:52 RSC confirms David Walliams and Robbie Williams collaboration
- 15:52 Stratford skipper Whelan eyeing title challenge
- 15:51 Thunderstorms: What causes this extreme weather phenomena and can...
- 15:51 New gin bar and real ale pub on the way?
- 15:51 Scotland school clothing grant of £100 to relieve family pressure
- 15:51 Boy arrested over stabbing death of Sheffield teenager