Midwife Joyce's special delivery in a horse box
There are few – if any midwives – who have delivered a baby in a horse box.
But that is one of the memories of Joyce Salkeld, who has been a midwife at Leicester's hospitals for 30 years.
The 56-year-old works at St Mary's Hospital and has been involved with hundreds of families since she began her career as a midwife in September, 1986. She has delivered hundreds of babies and seen big changes over the years, but will always remember the baby born in a horse box.
The travelling family had equipped the horse box with all "home comforts" and even provided a portable toilet in the... read more
- 15:07 Kirkby biker led cops on chase
- 15:07 Sutton man caught with drugs in motoring arrest
- 15:07 Thieves target ATM at Banbury Co-op 'with exploding foam'
- 15:07 Burton Albion players deliver coaching sessions at Stanton School...
- 15:06 Prison sentence quashed for Sutton Bridge man caught with indecent...
- 15:06 Manhunt launched after 59 burglaries across the region including...
- 15:06 Spen cadets know the drill
- 15:06 We think this teenager may have failed her driving test
- 15:05 Space age lessons delight pupils
- 15:05 Inspector Darren McKie guilty of wife's murder
- 15:05 Premier League big six transfer spend by position: Where has all...
- 15:05 Revealed: What these 6 common stomach pains mean and how to fix...
- 15:04 Prezzo to shut 94 restaurants with 500 jobs axed
- 15:04 Teenage asylum seeker jailed for life over Parsons Green Tube bomb
- 15:04 Bassetlaw woman bought drugs at Christmas then forgot about them
- 15:04 £70 million bid boost for Grantham road plan
- 15:03 Space age lessons delight pupils
- 15:02 Dutch police detain 25 England fans overnight after drunken...
- 15:02 Afghanistan hold nerve to beat Ireland and reach Cricket World Cup
- 15:02 Space age lessons delight pupils
- 15:00 Scientist's store of rhino semen could save rare species
- 15:00 Parsons Green tube bomber Ahmed Hassan jailed for life
- 15:00 Bassetlaw woman bought drugs at Christmas then forgot about them
- 14:59 St Walburge's opened armed welcome back for resident peregrine falcons
- 14:59 Lancashire Police rated 'good' in latest inspection
- 14:58 Cyclist taken to hospital after collision with bus in Sunderland...
- 14:57 Stagecoach bus prices across Cumbria set to rise
- 14:56 Man tries to abduct girl from bus stop in Cleethorpes
- 14:56 Stagecoach bus prices across Cumbria set to rise
- 14:56 Scotland hit by rise in cyber sex crime