Microsoft gender-bias case to go ahead
A US judge has allowed a class action gender-bias lawsuit against Microsoft to proceed, despite the firm's request that certain claims be dismissed.
The lawsuit argues that a former system of performance review led to fewer pay rises and promotions for women in technical roles.
It was allowed to go ahead by US District Judge James Robart in Seattle, according to the Seattle Times.
Microsoft has denied allegations of discrimination.
In a statement, it said that it was committed to a "diverse workforce" and one "where all employees have the chance to succeed".
The case was... read more
- 01:03 Tom Richmond: Don’t let failing Chris Grayling give Crossrail on...
- 01:03 Fabian Hamilton: My family and the evil of anti-Semitism
- 01:01 'It's like finding a Picasso at a garage sale': 'Fake' coin from...
- 01:01 One puff is enough! A single drag of cannabis can alleviate...
- 00:55 Elliot Rodger: How misogynist killer became 'incel' hero
- 00:55 Diplomacy on the menu: How food can shape politics
- 00:53 The Yorkshire Post says: A timely warning. The digitally-dependent...
- 00:53 The Yorkshire Post says: Health of nation. Weighing up obesity...
- 00:52 Sudoku 4044 hard
- 00:49 School sex abuse: 'My son was raped on a play date'
- 00:49 Primary school mental health counselling may help economy, study says
- 00:49 Drugs 'used by two in five students'
- 00:49 Dementia risk linked to some medicines
- 00:49 NHS needs '£50bn extra by 2030'
- 00:49 Former champion Neil Robertson stunned by qualifier Robert Milkins...
- 00:48 UK supermarkets launch voluntary pledge to cut plastic packaging
- 00:48 UK car production falls on Brexit fears and diesel sales slump
- 00:40 Barry Ferguson says not only is Allan McGregor still a great...
- 00:37 Former Ibrox skipper Barry Ferguson admits to concerns that Rangers...
- 00:37 Saracens chief Mark McCall backs Owen Farrell to be a 'brilliant...
- 00:36 Stella McCartney teams up with Beano and Dandy for new fashion range
- 00:33 'Women hold this city together': Sheffield rolls out honours in...
- 00:33 Home-schooling in the UK increases 40% over three years
- 00:32 Student complaints about UK universities growing, says watchdog
- 00:32 Korean talks: What will come from Kim-Moon meeting?
- 00:32 'Archaic and harmful': report condemns strict handling of student...
- 00:32 Bank economist calls for counselling for primary school pupils
- 00:32 'Women hold this city together': Sheffield rolls out honours in...
- 00:30 Revealed: Life in pre-NHS wards
- 00:30 Mark Williams pulls off amazing no-look fluke to pot green at...