Michael O'Neill says beating Germany is not impossible as Northern Ireland prepare for tough World Cup qualifier
A Northern Ireland victory in Germany on Tuesday is conceivable for Michael O'Neill, though the manager's primary focus is on stifling the world champions' threat.
Only two other nations - Portugal in 1985 and England in 2001 - have ever defeated the four-time World Cup winners in preliminaries for the global tournament and the Northern Irish know just what they will be up against having been given the run-around by Die Mannschaft four months earlier.
Despite the magnitude of the task in front of them in Hanover, O'Neill knows improbable results can be pulled off but in attempting to take... read more
- 10:36 Star Wars 8 Last Jedi will be a ‘dark turn for ALL’ characters
- 10:36 April snow falling in parts of Scotland
- 10:36 Tribute paid to 'first voice' of Harrogate Hospital Radio
- 10:35 High Sheriff at St George’s Day lunch to unite communities in Skegness
- 10:35 Car gets stuck on bollard in police chase at Burgh le Marsh
- 10:35 Teacher arrested after ‘sex chats’ with 13-year-old pupil
- 10:35 Three taken to hospital after collision near Tamworth
- 10:35 USA, Mexico and Canada to negotiate new Nafta trade deal
- 10:35 Serious collision closes main road near Ripley
- 10:34 The truth is back out there - X-Files to return for 10-part series
- 10:34 Man’s desperate appeal: “I just need my arm back”
- 10:33 Does this mean Sergio Aguero is fit for Man City vs Manchester United?
- 10:33 Juan Mata confident of a Manchester United comeback for season finale
- 10:33 Work starts on new £3.8m visitor centre
- 10:33 The truth is back out there - X-Files to return for 10-part series
- 10:33 Brave female staff recall ‘frightening’ robbery at Post Office in...
- 10:33 Open and shut case for firm’s in-house move
- 10:33 Rangers star Clint Hill belts out Follow Follow with fans after...
- 10:32 Warwickshire Fire Service join water safety campaign after...
- 10:32 From 'Sandwich Artist' to 'Fearless Telephone Appointment Maker ' -...
- 10:32 Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero to wear custom new boots vs...
- 10:31 Broken down vehicle on northbound M6
- 10:31 UK consumer morale softens in first quarter on price worries -...
- 10:31 Woolworths COULD be returning to the high street soon - according...
- 10:31 Banks boost FTSE as French election ignites risk-on rally
- 10:31 The former Forest Mills lace factory could soon look like this
- 10:30 Police warning over increase in waste fires in Bispham
- 10:30 Aston Villa analysis: The game-changer, the rock, the star man and...
- 10:30 Sainsbury's shoppers can earn 10 TIMES more Nectar points over May...
- 10:30 West Brom academy teams 'victims of own success' this season