Michael Carrick: This Manchester United star is frightening
Martial bounced back to form after a difficult first three months to the season with two goals and a sparkling display in the League Cup win over West Ham.
And Carrick has no doubts the French striker - who was United's leading scorer last season with 17 goals - will be a huge asset again for the club this season now he has regained his confidence.
He said: "The ability and attributes he has got are frightening at times. When he is on fire he is a threat to anyone.
"He started the game terrifically well against West Ham. And he grew as the game went on. It is great to see him... read more
- 01:36 The Yorkshire Post says: The journey ahead - Transport key to...
- 01:26 More Car Share? 'Never say never', says Sian
- 01:23 Cars submerged in dramatic floods and homes left without water...
- 01:13 'Get help' plea from family of mum who took her own life
- 01:11 Turkey coup trial: Court to jail 104 ex-military for life
- 01:08 Rival captains make case to Fifa for Paolo Guerrero's World Cup...
- 01:05 Blind playoff of Stradivarius violins and new ones leaves old...
- 01:00 Moped crime: New rules to protect police pursuit drivers
- 00:51 College’s dementia cafe is to become a regular event
- 00:42 Pauline Hanson to oppose corporate tax cuts in fresh backflip
- 00:42 Meet Bon and Pon: the Japanese retirees making coordinated outfits...
- 00:40 Sudoku 4066 medium
- 00:36 Roadworks Round-up: Where you may face delays in the Hartlepool...
- 00:27 Marawi one year after the battle: a ghost town still haunted by...
- 00:20 MPs push for Myanmar regime to face international criminal court
- 00:20 Right to see Parole Board decisions comes into force
- 00:20 Benefit sanctions found to be ineffective and damaging
- 00:20 North Korea summit: Pence warns Kim Jong-un not to 'play Trump'
- 00:17 Barrow man arrested on suspicion of sex assault following visit...
- 00:17 Dolphins bully porpoises, researcher discovers
- 00:17 Six times as many new medical students from London as from north-east
- 00:17 Sex education given LGBT-inclusive overhaul in Wales
- 00:12 Who is to blame for 'self-driving car' deaths?
- 00:11 MoD faces £2.9bn nuclear funding gap, say auditors
- 00:11 South Korea's Moon heads for Trump talks to try to keep summit on...
- 00:09 Parents of girl, 3, killed by poorly sighted pensioner campaign for...
- 00:05 Could smartphones replace bank branches?
- 00:05 Fuel price rise threatens consumer spending
- 23:56 Century-old tumours could shed light on rare childhood cancers
- 23:54 De Blasio to NYPD: stop arresting New Yorkers smoking marijuana on...