MI5 spy nearly BEHEADED in London by twisted Islamic State fighters
The spy had been working on an operation to monitor ISIS jihadis in the UK but did not realise the militants were using counter surveillance to track him.
In new book Soldier Spy, the MI5 agent, who writes under the pen name Tom Marcus, revealed how the jihadis lured him to a dark alleyway as part of a plan to hold him in a north London flat where he was to be brutally butchered.
Marcus claims he foiled the plan in the nick of time and that the flat was raided.
The search found the jihadis had lined the floor with plastic sheeting, and that a black flag, three butchers' knives and a video... read more
- 00:01 The Guardian view on disability benefits: head versus heart
- 00:01 The Guardian view on management consultants: the trick is confidence
- 00:01 Article 50 day won't be cut-off date for EU migrants, No 10 suggests
- 00:01 Sir Gerald Kaufman obituary
- 00:01 Peter Hain: hard Brexit puts Northern Ireland peace process at risk
- 00:01 Gerald Kaufman’s stellar PMQs moment
- 00:01 Better election results ahead for the Green party?
- 00:01 EU urged to end cooperation with Sudan after refugees whipped and...
- 00:01 Don't threaten to cut intelligence ties in Brexit talks, UK warned
- 00:01 BBC orders investigation into claims of aggressive TV licence...
- 00:01 Tributes paid to 'iconic' Labour MP Sir Gerald Kaufman
- 00:01 DUP braced to lose seats in Northern Ireland assembly elections
- 00:01 Chairman of housing association behind 'substandard' development...
- 00:01 Deported woman's family say Amber Rudd lacks compassion
- 00:01 May adviser regrets saying benefits should only go to 'really...
- 00:01 NHS data loss: 500 patients may have suffered serious harm
- 00:01 John Major attacks government over approach to Brexit
- 00:01 Clive Lewis denies registering websites for Labour leadership bid
- 23:59 George Thomason obituary
- 23:59 PPE is a degree that looks forward, not back
- 23:59 10 things teachers want to say to parents, but can't
- 23:59 No grammar schools, lots of play: the secrets of Europe’s top...
- 23:59 Parents: not happy about something at school? Here’s how to complain
- 23:59 Top 10 podcasts to help you learn a language
- 23:59 What's the point of school uniform?
- 23:59 Michael Palin: geography students hold the key to the world's problems
- 23:59 Free speech on Israel under attack in universities
- 23:59 The Guardian view on vocational education: choice at 14 is not working
- 23:59 London’s pollution is so bad that it forced me to give up my dream PhD
- 23:59 We need urgent action to ensure all Scottish public buildings are safe