Mexican peso climbs, stocks edge up as Trump's chances seen reducing
The Mexican peso climbed and stocks crept higher on Monday as markets saw less chance of a victory by Republican nominee Donald Trump in his U.S. presidential bid amid a scandal over comments he made about women.
A holiday in Tokyo limited the reaction in equities and MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan .MIAPJ0000PUS was up a slight 0.1 percent. Spread betting sites pointed to modest opening gains in Europe.
EMini futures for the S&P 500 ESc1 rose 0.2 percent, as did Australian stocks , while Shanghai .SSEC firmed 1.2 percent as markets there returned from a long... read more
- 00:12 Brexit: French financial regulator wooing London banks
- 00:11 Tamil Nadu faces political vacuum after Jayalalitha's death
- 00:11 Why has this Nobel winner been ignored for 30 years?
- 00:10 Hundreds of police accused of sexual exploitation
- 00:08 Australian regulator will not block ChemChina's Syngenta bid
- 00:08 UK housing, hiring stay resilient despite Brexit vote - surveys
- 00:06 ‘It is absolutely TERRIBLE’ rants Leicester City fan after 5-0...
- 00:06 Kettering parents jailed for 'sickening' baby abuse
- 00:06 Girl, 8, injured in Edinburgh 'stabbing'
- 00:05 Junk food advertising ban aims to tackle childhood obesity
- 00:02 Baby boomers 'should work for longer to stay healthy'
- 00:02 Junk food ads targeting children banned in non-broadcast media
- 00:02 Babies missing out on key checks after fall in health visitor numbers
- 00:02 Slaven Bilic confident he can turn things around at West Ham after...
- 23:58 Religious leaders push for Muslim alternative to Peppa Pig
- 23:56 Arsenal should not sign Julian Draxler, says Lothar Matthaus
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand names Arsenal and Spurs men as best Premier...
- 23:47 Britain softens its Brexit stance—just as the EU hardens its own
- 23:40 Exclusive - Teva investigating allegations by tipster of bribery in...
- 23:40 Asia shares hit one-month peak, bonds bet on ECB support
- 23:39 Dozens killed in west Iraq air strike, MPs and medics say
- 23:35 Wall Street: Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit fresh records
- 23:34 Zinedine Zidane wants to avoid old club Juventus... but Real Madrid...
- 23:32 Ties between Russia and the Taliban worry Afghan, U.S. officials
- 23:25 Ohio legislators pass restrictive abortion bill, citing Trump victory
- 23:24 Arsenal fans lose the plot as Alexis Sanchez is linked with Chelsea
- 23:22 'Liverpool have a great chance of winning the Premier League...
- 23:16 Harry Kane targets Europa League success after Tottenham finally...
- 23:14 ECB to extend asset buys, may debate signal about when it will end
- 23:13 West Ham target PSG ace Jese Rodriguez in January