Met Office issues yellow warning for SNOW and ice in Birmingham as first flurries hit city
The Met Office has issued a YELLOW weather warning for snow and ice in Birmingham as the first flurries hit the city today.
Light snow began to fall at around 11am in the city centre, while flurries were also reported in Walsall and Burntwood.
The Met Office has now issued a yellow warning for the Birmingham and West Midlands region, with snow and ice expected tomorrow from 6am.
A statement said: "An area of snow is likely to move eastwards across many central and northern parts of the UK on Sunday.
"The snow is more likely to affect higher routes with lower levels only affected... read more
- 16:10 Village pub owner wins national pub personality of the year award
- 16:10 This is the million-mile impact of the Midlands' axed bus routes
- 16:10 Motorist slams "ridiculous" SEVEN-MILE diversion during A46 closure
- 16:10 Rare piece of Concorde jet to go on sale near Buckingham
- 16:09 Major rescue after skier falls 200m in Nevis range
- 16:07 Man arrested after attack victim found with suspected stab wounds
- 16:07 Hailee Steinfeld and Niall Horan spark further dating rumours at...
- 16:06 Damian Green dismisses Brexit 'conspiracy theories'
- 16:06 Brave policeman’s bodycam captures moment he saved drowning man
- 16:06 Northumbria Police officer to stand trial accused of assaulting man...
- 16:06 Dangerous building about to collapse shuts Wigan road
- 16:06 YEP Says: Leeds United’s welcome move on tickets
- 16:05 Roomiest 500 raises the bar again
- 16:05 Peston On Sunday investigated by Ofcom over foul-mouthed rant live...
- 16:05 Teenager loses both legs after being struck down with life...
- 16:04 Will it be a Friday fiesta or a Friday fright night for Dundee...
- 16:04 Dragons' Den viewers are stunned after the creators of an app that...
- 16:04 Meat supplier to Jamie's and Wetherspoons goes bust: 300 jobs lost...
- 16:03 Police officer set for trial over alleged assault on suspect
- 16:03 All trams on Bury line suspended due to damage to overhead lines
- 16:02 London Fashion Week 2018: How to watch Burberry LFW catwalk live...
- 16:02 New Renault Zoe 2018 - Faster and more powerful electric car REVEALED
- 16:02 Universities warn government not to cut their funding as Theresa...
- 16:01 Google Maps: Young woman caught in VERY embarrassing situation in a...
- 16:01 Appeal over criminal damage to shop in Scarborough
- 16:01 Appeal after vehicle theft in Driffield
- 16:00 Melton cancer support group members to meet again next month
- 15:59 Derbyshire community groups can win share of £75,000
- 15:59 South Korean actor Lee Hyun Woo ‘excited’ to step away from acting...
- 15:57 Police name woman who died after being “attacked inside her own...