Mesh surgeon removed ovaries without prior consent
A surgeon under NHS investigation removed a patient's ovaries without prior consent as they were "in the way".
Tony Dixon helped to pioneer the use of mesh in bowel surgery to fix prolapses and relieve constipation.
Lucinda Methuen Campbell, who recently died, said she had not consented to the removal before the operation in 2014.
Mr Dixon said he could not comment on specific allegations due to patient confidentiality.
Mrs Methuen Campbell had lengthy consultations with Mr Dixon before the operation.
He told her her problems were complex involving surgery not just on her bowel... read more
- 09:27 PICTURE: Motorists' shock at seeing TANK on M1
- 09:27 Angry bus passengers miss out on free National Express West...
- 09:26 Aldi’s £11 champagne named one of the best in the world
- 09:26 Survey: World Cup-watching Millennials shun beer and the pub
- 09:26 Game of Thrones: the best show on TV just became the silliest
- 09:25 Investigation over "disgraceful" Wigan rail line e-mails
- 09:25 Decline in sightings of frogs and toads in Scottish gardens
- 09:25 Calgar Soyuncu confirms he wants Arsenal move but transfer depends...
- 09:25 Wind farm ‘could wipe out a third of wildcats’
- 09:24 Here's what we know about the new Instagram video service
- 09:24 Drunk-and-disorderly reveller was caught by police after claiming...
- 09:24 Driver on cocaine and cannabis leads police on high speed pursuit
- 09:23 Should mobile phones be banned in school to crackdown on naughty...
- 09:22 Cobblers kick off new season with home date against Lincoln City
- 09:22 Councillors ask: ‘Why should we pay for shelter?’
- 09:21 Driver on cocaine and cannabis leads police on high speed pursuit
- 09:20 Leeds United fixtures LIVE: Bielsa to learn fate of Whites as...
- 09:20 Pauline Hanson now says she may back Coalition's business tax cuts
- 09:19 Dixons Carphone profits fall 24% amid warning of no quick fix
- 09:19 South African trio make it to the World Cup finals at the fifth...
- 09:18 Birmingham City EFL Championship fixtures 2018/2019 - every date...
- 09:18 West Brom EFL Championship fixtures 2018/2019 - every date for your...
- 09:18 Aston Villa EFL Championship fixtures 2018/2019 - every date for...
- 09:18 'Please be careful on dating apps' - murdered Hull man's aunt makes...
- 09:17 Be At One launches an alcoholic butterbeer cocktail for all you...
- 09:17 Revealed: the roads that gridlock Doncaster
- 09:17 Doctors’ orders: writers from the medical world on how to cure the NHS
- 09:16 Tiny Town closed for second time in six months
- 09:16 FOR SALE: Tesco open to bids for Penwortham store site
- 09:15 Calls for more traffic wardens as figures reveal only 20 work in...