Merkel tells UK to ACCEPT free movement of EU migrants if it wants part of single market
The German Chancellor’s comments come amid ongoing disagreements among UK politicians about how we should quit the EU.
Influential pro-Brexit figures favour a clean break which frees the UK from red tape, costs and restrictions on our ability to strike new trade deals with non-European countries round the world.
Some argue that no trade deal with Brussels would be better than a bad one and better than the current situation allowing unrestricted immigration from Europe.
They also argue that Continental exporters will be begging their own governments quickly to strike a deal with Britain to... read more
- 13:54 RUMOUR MILL: Barca watch Kane and Eriksen, while Foxes hunt a big name
- 13:54 Keith Stroud to referee Burton Albion for first time since bizarre...
- 13:53 Aston Martin unveils stunning new convertible
- 13:52 PS4 games: PlayStation Halloween sale is good news for Fortnite and...
- 13:53 Dunn deal for Magpies in FA Cup?
- 13:52 Restaurant pest banned from Manchester city centre
- 13:52 Flood warning sirens to be sounded on Friday
- 13:52 Birmingham City LIVE: Updates from Steve Cotterill's pre-Millwall...
- 13:51 MARKO ARNAUTOVIC... on Jose Mourinho giving him a watch for turning...
- 13:51 Planes make skillful landings at Newcastle Airport in spite of...
- 13:50 Get your geek on at Buxton comic-con this weekend
- 13:50 Distraught pregnant woman must survive on 1p a month due to...
- 13:49 Amber Rudd’s decision to send home Americans in Scotland upheld
- 13:48 Spinathon for Royal Preston Hospital raises £100
- 13:48 Teenagers arrested in Llandudno drug raids
- 13:47 Mood in the Chelsea camp is not the best, admits Blues defender...
- 13:47 Carlos Takam confident he can beat Anthony Joshua in Cardiff after...
- 13:47 Manchester United on FIFA 18: How every player looks, highest rated...
- 13:47 Former soldier 'initiation ceremonies' in barracks left him with...
- 13:47 The importance of decentralised solar energy
- 13:46 Emergency services ‘need new law help’
- 13:46 New hope in quest for ancient beer
- 13:46 Flying Scotsman investigation at Nene Valley Railway
- 13:46 Cesar Azpilicueta worried about Chelsea’s state of mind ahead of...
- 13:46 Furious Dudley mum says toddler 'bitten by BEDBUGS' at Pontins
- 13:46 Scotland to become first part of UK to ban the smacking of children
- 13:46 Loose Women: Penny Lancaster breaks down as she reveals she was...
- 13:45 Emergency meeting over British Steel pensions called
- 13:45 Lyon v Sale Sharks: European Challenge Cup preview
- 13:44 Lancaster Brewery raises a glass to prestigious beer listings