Merkel confident EU will conclude free trade deal with Canada
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Thursday she was confident that the European Union would complete its Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement (CETA) with Canada.
"(Being an) open society also means being open for global trade .. we have made good progress on CETA now and in the European context you can expect that we will get the signing and ratification," Merkel told an industry event in Berlin.
(Reporting by Michael Nienaber and Joseph Nasr; Writing by Madeline Chambers)
- 15:06 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:06 Al-Qaeda claims responsibility for deadly bomb blast which left as...
- 15:06 Council agrees college funding
- 15:06 Germany may deport up to 547 'security risk' asylum seekers
- 15:05 Drug-driver admits running down Leeds academic while fleeing police
- 15:05 Showcasing the strength of healthcare firms
- 15:05 Council votes for flexibility as it cancels 35-year waste deal
- 15:04 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:04 Council agrees college funding
- 15:04 MPS: Kashmir must be given chance of 'Brexit'-style vote
- 15:04 Mum who was bought an egg for £25 off eBay now has an emu
- 15:04 Table tennis proves a hit at Rossett school
- 15:04 Sudanese government says rebel group to sign Darfur peace pact
- 15:04 Historic club under threat
- 15:03 Mansfield man sent to crown court on cocaine charges
- 15:03 Pensioner remains in 'serious' condition after being hit by car
- 15:03 Floral tributes left in memory of Mark Jack Park after Scotswood...
- 15:02 Mansfield man sent to crown court on cocaine charges
- 15:02 BREAKING: Ongoing power cut plunges Meadowhall shopping centre into...
- 15:02 Drug-driver admits running down Leeds academic while fleeing police
- 15:02 Mansfield man lashed out over “sex” comments in chip shop
- 15:00 Cristiano Ronaldo is watched by his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez...
- 15:00 Mansfield man sent to crown court on cocaine charges
- 14:59 More than 800 homes in South Derbyshire village to be without water...
- 14:59 Amazing footage as the New Wear Bridge pylon sails into Sunderland
- 14:59 South Shields teen fights for his life after two-vehicle smash
- 14:59 Thorntons recalls festive favourites over fears they may contain...
- 14:59 Hetty’s centenary celebration
- 14:59 Fire crew called to help sick Barrow woman out of her home
- 14:59 Centres to go under shake up of services for children