Mental health patient ‘abuse’ fears
The mental health trust serving Wigan is using controversial restraint techniques hundreds of times each year, shock new data has shown.
Figures released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) show the 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has recorded more than 6,000 instances of physical restraint being used since 2013.
The safety of our patients and staff is of paramount importance to us Gail Briers The number of examples of patients being forcefully subdued by staff is rising and there is also an alarming spike in the number of employees being injured at work in the last 12... read more
- 07:52 Vandals puncture car tyres with screws
- 07:50 Burglars leave a trail of damage after raiding church
- 07:49 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting schoolgirls
- 07:48 Arsenal and Chelsea transfer target Riechedly Bazoer will leave...
- 07:47 Air strikes 'force IS out of Palmyra'
- 07:42 Man charged following sexual assaults in Burnley
- 07:40 China puts temporary ban on North Korean coal imports
- 07:40 Turkey declares day of mourning after soccer bombing kills 29,...
- 07:38 Lift off for £1m museum refurb
- 07:35 Nathan Peat's unique journey from Hull City to budding teacher
- 07:32 Father loses job after son is sent home because of his new haircut
- 07:27 Murder, mayhem and abductions in Hull as featured in the...
- 07:27 How to avoid putting on weight on at Christmas in 6 simple steps
- 07:27 The most and least expensive houses sold in Hull and East Yorkshire...
- 07:27 Odd job man Raymond Bolton hugged and kissed young sisters in...
- 07:27 Hull slums and how Prince Street has transformed into city's...
- 07:23 Battle of Orgreave documents 'to be released next year'
- 07:19 Mum of stab victim Connor Upton urges people to sign knife statue...
- 07:17 Girlfriend convinces boyfriend she’s been murdered in brutal...
- 07:13 Track Santa’s sleigh online
- 07:13 Deepings and Bourne waste collection details over the Christmas period
- 07:10 Police officer’s jaw broken after being punched by man he wasn’t...
- 07:05 Manchester United ready to swoop for this Paris St-Germain star...
- 07:04 Derby taxi driver fuming after cab is smashed-up AGAIN
- 06:56 VOTE: Help us decide on the best Christmas song of all time
- 06:56 Ban on junk food ads targeted at children
- 06:56 Supermarket recalls balti following allergy fears
- 06:52 VOTE: Help us decide on the best Christmas song of all time
- 06:52 Ban on junk food ads targeted at children
- 06:52 Supermarket recalls balti following allergy fears