Mental health campaign Time To Change gets £20m boost
A campaign that aims to tackle the stigma around mental health has been given £20m in funding from the Department of Health, Comic Relief and the Big Lottery Fund.
The Time To Change initiative, run by charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, works with schools, employers and local communities to reduce discrimination and raise awareness.
It has received £30m in funding so far.
More than 800 schools and almost 400 employers have taken part.
The charities say that as a result of the campaign, the proportion of people reporting discrimination as a result of mental health issues has dropped... read more
- 12:20 I am struggling with dating since leaving a conservative religion
- 12:20 Gritters are prepared for cold snap
- 12:20 A tea towel and cash among the things stolen from Carlisle home
- 12:20 Watch mass brawl break out at Headingley bar
- 12:19 What happens to your baby in the first hour of their life?
- 12:19 Time to nominate for Community Star Award
- 12:18 The Magic Numbers set to perform at the arts centre
- 12:18 Sex, jealousy and gender: Daphne du Maurier’s Rebecca 80 years on
- 12:18 Dance fest leads by Example with stars
- 12:18 Trump says violent video games 'shape' young minds
- 12:17 When is France vs Italy? Six Nations kick-off time, live stream, TV...
- 12:17 Snow showers set to hit North East as Met Office predicts freezing...
- 12:17 BREAKING: United Airlines plane skids off runway at Austin -...
- 12:16 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:15 'They were happy, lovely boys' says devastated grandfather of...
- 12:14 Decision on sale of Middlemore homes to be investigated by Daventry...
- 12:14 Glencoe Mountain ski resort battles with poor internet connection,...
- 12:14 REGIONAL: Family ‘distraught’ as brothers, aged two and six, killed...
- 12:14 Rescue dog gets 'new lease of life' with 3D printed leg
- 12:13 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:13 Ruth Langsford SCOLDS Ant and Dec over Saturday Night Takeaway...
- 12:13 REGIONAL: Family ‘distraught’ as brothers, aged two and six, killed...
- 12:13 Bookie William Hill slumps to £74m loss after having to write-down...
- 12:13 Volvo XC60 scoops the 2018 UK Car of the Year award - but out of...
- 12:13 Kylie Jenner’s baby Stormi already has her own makeup collection
- 12:13 Educated review: Growing up in a household of dangerous religious...
- 12:13 New lifeboat’s early call into action
- 12:12 This week’s best TV: from The Death of Stalin to Strike Career of Evil
- 12:12 The British expat who led an American brand into the AR-15 era
- 12:12 UN identifies South Sudan military officers accused of war crimes