Men most likely to complain over misleading adverts
Men complain about adverts more than women and people in Greater London and the South East are the most likely to raise their concerns, figures show.
The Advertising Standards Authority said 56% of complaints came from men compared with 41% of women, with the remainder not revealing their gender.
Men were more likely to complain about ads being misleading, at 64% of complaints.
Adverts being harmful or offensive compelled 59% of women's complaints.
Across the UK, people in England complained twice as much as those in Northern Ireland.
'Body shaming' ASA chief executive Guy Parker said a... read more
- 13:40 Drivers warned of delays as emergency repair work is carried out on...
- 13:39 Cumbrian 'sexual predator' who abused children for 40 years is...
- 13:39 These names will be the most popular for babies in 2017
- 13:39 Rail bosses unveil £3m investment at train station
- 13:39 Village 'shocked' after shotgun blast leaves man in hospital
- 13:39 Mourners lined the street as 31-year-old scaffolder's coffin...
- 13:37 The vibrating smart umbrella that connects to your phone to warn...
- 13:37 Good news for M1 and M62 commuters in West Yorkshire
- 13:36 Unpaid benefits at record level
- 13:36 Andy Robertson says it is 'clear' Hull City need to make signings...
- 13:36 Poundworld phone chargers recalled over fire risk
- 13:33 Jurgen Klopp ‘angry’ at the thought of Liverpool losing to West Ham
- 13:33 Antonio Conte asked about those Alexis Sanchez to Chelsea rumours –...
- 13:33 Transfer Fee Comparison: Man Utd spent nearly three times as much...
- 13:32 Celebrity minder Ricky Hayden death: Man denies murder
- 13:31 Revealed: Harrogate Christmas shop window winners for 2016
- 13:31 Good news for M1 and M62 commuters in West Yorkshire
- 13:31 Review: Incredible success of 2016 Nidderdale Messiah
- 13:30 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte discusses January transfer plans
- 13:30 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho...
- 13:29 Extremely relatable squirrel gets stuck in a manhole cover thanks...
- 13:29 Maersk, Hyundai Merchant Marine alliance talks in doubt
- 13:29 Plans for Indian restaurant to be built on former site of popular...
- 13:29 South Yorkshire torture brothers granted lifelong anonymity
- 13:29 Manchester United new signings rated: Eric Bailly shining for Jose...
- 13:29 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp warns West Ham his side will be...
- 13:29 Bomb disposal team to carry out explosion in Walney
- 13:28 Tamworth Herald tracks down 'love lock' couple from Hockley
- 13:28 Arsenal star Alex Iwobi reveals Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez guidance
- 13:28 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte hails Diego Costa: He shows huge passion