Men from Burton and South Derbyshire praised for donating blood more than 100 times each
Two men from Burton and South Derbyshire have been praised at a special event for saving and improving the lives of up to 600 people. NHS Blood and Transplant held an awards ceremony on April 26 to celebrate those who had given blood, and John Green, from Burton, and Stuart Morgan from Newhall, were awarded with commemorative medals for donating more than 100 donations.
Mr Green, 70, a retired public house manager, started to give blood when he was working in the Royal Air Force, and has continued to do so ever since.
He said: "I don't give a lot of money to charity because I'm not... read more
- 13:39 Cumbria charity set for expansion to cope with continued demand
- 13:39 CODE RED STORM: Netherlands battered by 90mph winds leaving three dead
- 13:39 Park Hill golf club closes suddenly - all staff made redundant,...
- 13:39 Padiham's new-look gym officially opened
- 13:37 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd deal held up by final stumbling block as...
- 13:37 Water supply reconnected at Nottingham station after fire
- 13:36 These are the top 10 Volkwagen GTI models of all time
- 13:35 Movies and TRAILER: Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep on The Post
- 13:35 WATCH: All your Preston North End questions answered in our Q&A
- 13:35 H&M hires a diversity leader following the whole ‘racist’ monkey...
- 13:34 Jack Rodwell exit would lift Sunderland fans’ perpetual Blue Mondays
- 13:34 Leeds news: Samuel Saiz donates £25,000 as club reach Toby Nye...
- 13:34 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: Arsenal star SAVAGED by legend ahead of...
- 13:34 Alexis Sanchez on brink of Man Utd move as shop prints No 7 shirts
- 13:34 What to do with your old £1 coins so you don't end up out of pocket
- 13:34 Seven million cars generate the same greenhouse gases as our...
- 13:34 Barnstorming laughs promised from rising comedy stars
- 13:34 From Nashville to Venice - enjoy musical contrasts
- 13:34 Masked thugs wielding crowbars attempt to rob cash-in-transit guard
- 13:32 Dylan Farrow claims Woody Allen sexual abuse claims are 'credible'
- 13:32 EastEnders spoilers: Tamzin Outhwaite talks Mel Owen’s exit as she...
- 13:31 Rutland County Council proposes 4.99 per cent council tax rise
- 13:30 Bride fears wedding is ruined after reception venue Park Hill Golf...
- 13:29 Most Americans think Trump’s first year was officially one...
- 13:29 UPDATED: IT system glitches prove costly for EMIS
- 13:29 Decision to implement new GP contract after strong backing from the...
- 13:29 Ceremony will mark milestone for Leeds cancer centre plans
- 13:28 Sir Tom Courtenay given freedom of city of Hull
- 13:28 District council leader answers questions on authority’s new HQ...
- 13:28 Margaret Thatcher set to lose out in Parliament Square statue battle