Membership drive puts AA back in the black
The AA has driven back into profit after the breakdown service said it has reversed a decline in falling membership numbers.
The group said pre-tax profits came in at £48 million for the first half of the year, compared with a £69 million loss in the same period last year.
AA said paid personal members grew in every month in the second quarter to 3.3 million, reversing a trend of falling numbers.
Chief executive Bob Mackenzie said: "We are extremely encouraged by the reversal of the decline in paid personal members over the last few months. The marketing strategy is achieving a... read more
- 10:53 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:53 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:53 Neymar says his controversial red card for PSG was unfair
- 10:53 Typhoon Lan video: HUGE waves batter Japan as deadly storm leaves...
- 10:53 Private hospital operator Spire Healthcare rejects £1billion...
- 10:53 George Clooney desperate for ‘women to feel safe’ as he urges a...
- 10:53 Shane Richie teases that shock EastEnders affair that was planned...
- 10:52 Plan reflects Blackpool club’s changing fortunes
- 10:52 Fylde MP wants spring start for new link road
- 10:52 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:52 Government health officials slam star Calvin Harris for claiming...
- 10:51 Khabib Nurmagomedov’s next fight seemingly revealed by Joe Rogan
- 10:51 Foreign visitors will now be charged to use the NHS
- 10:50 'Dreamflight gives everybody a chance to do something amazing'
- 10:50 'Holiday of a lifetime': Sick children overjoyed on Dreamflight...
- 10:50 Jobcentre staff strike over closure of Sheffield office
- 10:50 Woman charged with murdering boy aged 18 months who fell from...
- 10:50 Sheffield NHS bosses monitoring 'shambolic' private ambulance...
- 10:50 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017
- 10:50 Fire in Sheffield park was arson attack
- 10:48 Man has arm broken after being hit with metal pole in Morecambe
- 10:48 Antonio Conte to hand Charly Musonda a lifeline after...
- 10:47 Nightmare on Cornwall Street: Building work in city centre has left...
- 10:47 Investigation launched after thieves drill into fuel tanks and...
- 10:47 Sam Smith feels as ‘much as a woman as a man’ as he opens up about...
- 10:47 Police release image of missing 13-year-old girl
- 10:47 War veteran to receive fitting send-off after public appeal
- 10:47 Expecting women to ‘Ride or Die’ is so boringly lame
- 10:46 Blackpool: From the courts 23-10-17
- 10:45 Grimsby's Central Hall awarded £10k grant to create 'vibrant arts...